NCL Escape shows rating

CSocket

Howdy,

We are cruising on the Escape in November, and taking the kids (age 10 and 12).

I've been unable to find any "parents guides" on the shows "For the Record: The Brat Pack" and "After Midnight".

From what I can find on YouTube, After Midnight seems ok, but Brat Pack might be a bit much for the kids.

Any feedback?

Thanks!

After Midnight is for general audiences. The dailies for For the Record recommends 16+

If you have watched breakfast club, sixteen candles, and other coming of age john Hughes movies, this is it.

There were a lot of young kids both times we saw the show.

I haven't seen The Brat Pack since they moved it to the main theater, so the content might have changed some, but I did see it when it was the dinner theater production. That show definitely was for adults. I'd put it at PG-13. It's wonderfully entertaining, but I'd say it isn't for young kids.

• 3 weeks later...

I wouldn't say either show is definitively for kids. Brat Pack definitely not (suggestive content and language) and in After Midnight I do remember one or two F bombs thrown in; I'm not sure if they were ad libs or not. I would not recommend either for children

Howdy,

We are cruising on the Escape in November, and taking the kids (age 10 and 12).

I've been unable to find any "parents guides" on the shows "For the Record: The Brat Pack" and "After Midnight".

From what I can find on YouTube, After Midnight seems ok, but Brat Pack might be a bit much for the kids.

Any feedback?

Thanks!

If you don't mind your kids hearing a couple F-Bombs and swear words then you are OK.

I was disappointed in the lack of family friendly entertainment on the Escape. We were on the Oct. 8th sailing. After Midnight was good, but felt too long, and 10pm is just way too late for that second show. I prefer 9pm, but only 7 and 10 were offered. 7p is almost impossible if you want to eat dinner all together. So, we were stuck with 10. Brat Pack & Frankie Valli weren't great kid-friendly options--fine for a group of adults, but we were on a cruise with extended family.

My 13 yr old daughter went to an 8:30 show of Howl at the Moon, which, in my opinion, is the best entertainment on the ship. I could have sat there for hours every night! She enjoyed the show for about an hour, and we liked that you could just come and go. The chairs are horribly uncomfortable, though, as it is in Headliners.

The shows on Freedom of the Seas last year were definitely better for the whole family. I like having a show every night at 9pm, after dinner to look forward to. On that sailing we had a lot of variety in the main shows--comedy, acrobats, Broadway revue, musical, etc.

I was disappointed in the lack of family friendly entertainment on the Escape. We were on the Oct. 8th sailing. After Midnight was good, but felt too long, and 10pm is just way too late for that second show. I prefer 9pm, but only 7 and 10 were offered....

The shows on Freedom of the Seas last year were definitely better for the whole family. I like having a show every night at 9pm, after dinner to look forward to. On that sailing we had a lot of variety in the main shows--comedy, acrobats, Broadway revue, musical, etc.

It seems like RCI is a much better fit for you since you seemed to enjoy the shows being at 900 pm. You have nobody to blame but yourself since all you needed to do was do more intensive research about the offerings on the Escape and how they compared to your experience on the Freedom of the Seas.

Hopefully your next cruise on whichever line you choose will be more to your liking and offer 900 pm shows which seem to be your sweet spot. Good luck.

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

No need to be rude, SNJ...I was simply expressing my opinion, since the question was regarding family friendly entertainment. I knew the entertainment lineup before we sailed, and I knew not to take my kids to the shows. The Escape is a great ship for kids & teens. Just not to take them to live entertainment.

I expect a more friendly tone in posting in these boards. We should be allowed to express opinions without being chastised for doing so.

I wild sail on this ship again. No ship has 100% of everything I enjoy. All have their pros and cons. That doesn't mean I can't enjoy each cruise for the great things on each one.

It seems like RCI is a much better fit for you since you seemed to enjoy the shows being at 900 pm. You have nobody to blame but yourself since all you needed to do was do more intensive research about the offerings on the Escape and how they compared to your experience on the Freedom of the Seas.

Hopefully your next cruise on whichever line you choose will be more to your liking and offer 900 pm shows which seem to be your sweet spot. Good luck.

I expect a more friendly tone in posting in these boards. We should be allowed to express opinions without being chastised for doing so.

Nowhere in my post did I chastise you for expressing your opinion. If you inferred this, that's on you. You were disappointed that the shows on the Escape were at 7 & 10, unlike the 9 PM shows that you enjoyed on your RCI cruise. If you had done more detailed research, then you would have known about the showtimes and you would have been prepared for your disappointment that they were not at 900 like the shows that you enjoyed on RCI.

Ships these days can't please everyone, and it's a difficult balancing act. There are the adults that want more "adult" entertainment, while there are families that want more "family oriented " stuff. Kids and teens both have their clubs to keep them entertained throughout the day and night. Only you can decide if another cruise on the Escape is in your future. You may choose to sail on RCI so you can enjoy more of those 900 PM shows, or possibly Disney, since they are the ultimate family friendly cruise line. Either way, happy cruising. And hopefully you did not infer any of this response as being rude.