Upgrade question

nautica34

Very grateful to have received a free upgrade for my upcoming cruise. The category initially booked was the Fantastica and the upgrade was to a Bella cabin. Had an inside going to balcony. Better cabin with a drop in category (no complaints). My question is, do we lose the Fantastica benefits since we were upgraded to a Bella cabin which is a lower category? I understand that if it was a category upgrade, we would not receive the benefits of the better category.

Sent from my SM-T110 using Forums mobile app

Man! Am I the only person not getting upgraded around here? You got upgraded twice essentially, if you were an inside cabin. If you had to even pay for the room service, I wouldn't complain. You are getting something that most had to pay $400 or more to get. Lucky!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Oh. No, I didn't mean it in a negative light:)

Just check your charges daily on the TV if you used room service and contact the desk if there is a charge. I booked a fantastica balcony and it looks like the main perk is mostly the better room location and free room service. As long as you have the dining time you want, you should be good to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My question is, do we lose the Fantastica benefits since we were upgraded to a Bella cabin which is a lower category? I understand that if it was a category upgrade, we would not receive the benefits of the better category.

You understand correctly. Nice to get a balcony, though :)

It's random. I was speaking to a TA recently who told me that she's had customers upgraded from an inside to YC but can't even swing one for herself! I was upgraded from a Fantastica balcony to an Aurea Suite on my last cruise - first time in 12 MSC cruises. I met 2 other couples onboard from Ireland as well who received the same upgrades. It depends on how the higher level cabins have sold at the time of booking and that can't be anticipated.

Very grateful to have received a free upgrade for my upcoming cruise. The category initially booked was the Fantastica and the upgrade was to a Bella cabin. Had an inside going to balcony. Better cabin with a drop in category (no complaints). My question is, do we lose the Fantastica benefits since we were upgraded to a Bella cabin which is a lower category? I understand that if it was a category upgrade, we would not receive the benefits of the better category.

Even though you got a balcony the room may be smaller, you went from 167-169 for the inside to 148 sq ft.for the balcony.

Even though you got a balcony the room may be smaller, you went from 167-169 for the inside to 148 sq ft.for the balcony.

Quite a difference. This will be our 1st balcony experience, always get inside cabins to keep the expense down. If finances weren't an issue, would get a balcony.

Quite a difference. This will be our 1st balcony experience, always get inside cabins to keep the expense down. If finances weren't an issue, would get a balcony.

Hopefully it'll be worth it. A balcony makes the cabin feel more spacious anyway. There's nothing like waking first thing in the morning and going straight out onto the balcony to breathe the sea air without having to get dressed and seek out a spot somewhere else on the ship. Just nip to the buffet and grab a plate of something to bring back and enjoy there, too - just get dressed first for that :eek: LOL

Hopefully it'll be worth it. A balcony makes the cabin feel more spacious anyway. There's nothing like waking first thing in the morning and going straight out onto the balcony to breathe the sea air without having to get dressed and seek out a spot somewhere else on the ship. Just nip to the buffet and grab a plate of something to bring back and enjoy there, too - just get dressed first for that :eek: LOL

Thanks, forgot to mention that the cabin is an HC (not our request).

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app