Do cruise lines offer baggage transfers to other lines?

Maeshel

I have been looking at a Panama Canal cruise and backing it up with a Hawaiian cruise, So far, I am looking at a Norwegian canal cruise and a Norwegian Hawaii cruise. It would disembark in LA and I would book a flight to Honolulu to pick up the Hawaiian cruise.

If I were to find a cruise line, for discussion sake lets say, Princess gets in Sat. morning from the Panama portion and Celebrity goes out of the same port for Hawaii that evening. Would Princess transfer my baggage to Celebrity? Like flying Delta with a Continental connection to your final destination. Your baggage (hopefully) follows you.

I have not research Hawaii out of a west cost port yet.

Edited by Maeshel

I have been looking at a Panama Canal cruise and backing it up with a Hawaiian cruise, So far, I am looking at a Norwegian canal cruise and a Norwegian Hawaii cruise. It would disembark in LA and I would book a flight to Honolulu to pick up the Hawaiian cruise.

If I were to find a cruise line, for discussion sake lets say, Princess gets in fSat. morning from the Panama portion and Celebrity goes out of the same port for Hawaii that evening. Would Princess transfer my baggage to Celebrity? Like flyng Delta with a Continental connection to your final destination. Your baggage (hopefully) follows you.

I have not research Hawaii out of a west cost port yet.

Doubtful. Unlike an airport where the airlines are basically all "in the same building", the docks at a cruise port are not under the same "roof".

Airlines work under an "Interline Agreement" which will cover transferring luggage between a competeing airline when making connections.

Not all airlines have this agreement. You're not going to check luggage on Southwest and then connect to a Delta flight and expect luggage to be transferred. Southwest doesn't have an interline agreement with anyone.

So, to answer your question,,, No, Cruise lines do not have agreements like this

Like flying Delta with a Continental connection to your final destination. Your baggage (hopefully) follows you.

Well, your analogy is a bit off, in that almost all (except with Alaska Airlines) USA airlines will not interchange luggage between carriers unless they are on the same ticket.

The other problem is that you'd be waiting a LONG time for Continental to deliver your bag, since they no longer exist. :D

As to your desire....nope, you have to retrieve and recheck your bags yourself. Further, you would likely be passing through USA customs and immigration in Los Angeles, so you would need your luggage for that process.