Beverage Package questions

itchintogo

Okay...my first question is does the beverage package apply to the items in your in-cabin "fridge"? Or will I still have to pay for anything I drink that's provided in cabin?

My next question is, what is everyone's experience with this package? I think the idea is that each person buys their own package, but what happens if you try to buy two drinks at once, or go to another bar for a 2d drink, immediately after you buy one at the first bar. Can you do that in order to save the cost of buying a second package?

I was on the Summit in May this year, and we did not purchase the package. My friend was drinking Mudslides and two different times, someone walking by handed her a second mudslide they got as part of their drink order when using their package. Also, I was in the big theater one night, ordered a glass of wine and when the bartender realized I DIDN't have the beverage package, he poured more wine into my glass!

We're doing a chartered Blues Cruise in a few weeks and probably will buy the package for the first time, just curious as to others experiences. Thanks!

Edited by itchintogo

Okay...my first question is does the beverage package apply to the items in your in-cabin "fridge"? Or will I still have to pay for anything I drink that's provided in cabin?

The beverage package does not apply to the mini-bar, or room service.

My next question is, what is everyone's experience with this package? I think the idea is that each person buys their own package, but what happens if you try to buy two drinks at once, or go to another bar for a 2d drink, immediately after you buy one at the first bar.

You cannot buy two at the same time unless you show two cards. There is a time limit -- usually around 10 minutes -- that applies if you try to buy one drink and then another drink too soon.

Can you do that in order to save the cost of buying a second package?

That violates the terms of the package and you are subject to losing the entire package. While some may call it "sharing" others call it "stealing."

It has been my experience with a drink package the bartender will only serve you one drink at a time and if you order two you need to give them two sea pass cards.

Now to answer your question about ordering one drink in one location and then ordering another at a different bar "to save money" and only purchase one package. That isn't saving money that is committing theft.

My next question is, what is everyone's experience with this package? I think the idea is that each person buys their own package, but what happens if you try to buy two drinks at once, or go to another bar for a 2d drink, immediately after you buy one at the first bar. Can you do that in order to save the cost of buying a second package?

Would you go into a store pick out a watch for you and one for your spouse then stick one watch in you pocket and pay for one in order to saved the cost of the second watch?

Perhaps a better analogy is going to an "all you can eat buffet", filling yourself a plate of food and then also filling a plate for someone who did not pay. This is frowned upon, to say the least, and if you are caught you are generally asked to pay for both immediately. On Celebrity, if you are caught, you risk losing your beverage package for the duration of the cruise -- a costly mistake!

OMG! I'm not a thief, just trying to understand how it all works, not trying to rip anybody off man....but thanks for the info. Geez.......:eek:

I don't even think it would be worth going to two different bars to try and work the system, I'd rather pay for the two packages....lighten up everybody!!!!!

Edited by itchintogo

I think the idea is that each person buys their own package, but what happens if you try to buy two drinks at once, or go to another bar for a 2d drink, immediately after you buy one at the first bar. Can you do that in order to save the cost of buying a second package?

I think you answered your own question... ;)

OMG! I'm not a thief, just trying to understand how it all works, not trying to rip anybody off man....but thanks for the info. Geez.......:eek:

I don't even think it would be worth going to two different bars to try and work the system, I'd rather pay for the two packages....lighten up everybody!!!!!

I'm afraid that your question pushed one of the Cruise Critic "Hot Buttons". Even when the only drink packages were for soft drinks, the same thing happened.

This is where I think things went south, why would you even think you needed to buy 2 packages for one person? ? That just don't make sense.

I think you have misinterpreted the OPs post. There are two passengers, he wants to get two drinks, he asked if that can be done from one package, then said he was willing to buy two packages when he found out that getting two drinks on one package is not allowed.

Edited by cruisestitch

No worries. IMHO even if you are only a moderate drinker, the package is worth selecting as your "perk" when you book. If you are considering paying out of pocket for it, I suggest you do the math and see how many drinks you expect to consume before buying a package.

We love the drink package. We call it our "drink card" and easily get our money's worth. Premium coffee and tea and fresh squeezed OJ in the morning, bottles of water as you leave the ship for an excursion, a beer or two at the pool, an umbrella drink at the sunset bar, a martini before dinner, two glasses of wine at dinner and after dinner coffee ... boom... card paid for.

You cannot buy two at the same time unless you show two cards. There is a time limit -- usually around 10 minutes -- that applies if you try to buy one drink and then another drink too soon.

Question reference multiple drinks. Is there a time limit for non alcoholic drinks also? If I get a mixed drink can I get a bottle of water too? never had a drink package before, I do drink a lot of water daily, hope I will not have to waiting for 10 minutes after ordering a mixed drink to get some water.

Question reference multiple drinks. Is there a time limit for non alcoholic drinks also? If I get a mixed drink can I get a bottle of water too? never had a drink package before, I do drink a lot of water daily, hope I will not have to waiting for 10 minutes after ordering a mixed drink to get some water.

I've often purchased a bottle of water at the same time as purchasing a coffee at Cafe al Bacio or a drink at a bar.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I've often purchased a bottle of water at the same time as purchasing a coffee at Cafe al Bacio or a drink at a bar.

We have had the same experience also.

Thanks for the quick response. Nice to know in advance.

In my experience (granted that's only one celebrity cruise), if you're sitting at a bar and you don't like a drink, I didn't have to wait-- possibly because they're seeing that not sharing it???

Sent from my iPhone using Forums