Outside dining on Azura?

Nancy48

Hi we are cruising the Caribbean on Azura in Feb 2018 when we will also celebrate our Golden Wedding Anniversary by renewing our vows whilst on board. One of my "dreams" would be to eat that night, with our friends who are accompanying us, out on deck. I do understand that it can be windy on deck at night, and it may not be suitable weather, but that aside, can anyone tell me whether this would be possible. Having studied the brochure deck plan it looks to me as though we could do this outside Epicurean?

Any advice or information would be very much appreciated.

Nancy

Hi we are cruising the Caribbean on Azura in Feb 2018 when we will also celebrate our Golden Wedding Anniversary by renewing our vows whilst on board. One of my "dreams" would be to eat that night, with our friends who are accompanying us, out on deck. I do understand that it can be windy on deck at night, and it may not be suitable weather, but that aside, can anyone tell me whether this would be possible. Having studied the brochure deck plan it looks to me as though we could do this outside Epicurean?

Any advice or information would be very much appreciated.

Nancy

Yes Nancy you can dine outdoors in the Epicurean, however, you will require to book a table for your party in advance for the specific evening specifically stating that you wish to reserve a table for outdoors . Also request that you would like to book the table/s directly outdoors beside the windows looking into the restaurant because if it is windy it is not too bad there ,or ask to view the seating arrangements outdoors on the balcony where you can choose your table. On one occasion when we were dining outdoors in the Epicurean it was extremely windy and we were invited to move to a table inside. Of course again it would depend upon how busy the restaurant is that evening if you would be able to move indoors. Perhaps the person who is organising your renewal of vows could also organise this for you.

Congratulations on your forthcoming Golden Wedding Anniversary. I am sure you will have a wonderful day and a wonderful evening celebrating.🍾🍾

Best Wishes. Mrs Glasgowborn.

We dined outside on the balcony of Epicurean on Azura a year or so ago when we were in the Caribbean. For some reason, can't remember why, we were late leaving, I think it was St. Maarten, and our booking was for 8pm so it was dark when the ship left. We were outside near the balcony rail - it wasn't at all windy - and it was absolutely magical. All the lights of the island were shining in the dark, it was a wonderful warm evening and the food in The Epicurean (it was called Seventeen then) was fantastic. I can understand why you were told to ask for a table near the windows as it certainly can be windy, maybe we were just lucky.

Certainly book at the first opportunity and have a wonderful evening.

We dined outside on the balcony of Epicurean on Azura a year or so ago when we were in the Caribbean. For some reason, can't remember why, we were late leaving, I think it was St. Maarten, and our booking was for 8pm so it was dark when the ship left. We were outside near the balcony rail - it wasn't at all windy - and it was absolutely magical. All the lights of the island were shining in the dark, it was a wonderful warm evening and the food in The Epicurean (it was called Seventeen then) was fantastic. I can understand why you were told to ask for a table near the windows as it certainly can be windy, maybe we were just lucky.

Certainly book at the first opportunity and have a wonderful evening.

Hi annieuk and Nancy, we also had a table in Epicurean beside the balcony rail in March this year on Azura and it was as you said not at all windy,guess we were lucky that evening too.Just beautiful,dark, lights glittering in the background what else can you ask for as you said annieuk "magical".

Nancy remember to get a photograph taken at your table,you can also request that the ships official photographer come up to Epicurean at a specific time to take photographs, but then again the waiters in the Epicurean will take a photograph of your party on your own camera.

Lovely memories. Mrs Glasgowborn

:):):)

Thank you, both of you, for your lovely replies. You are describing exactly what I want, and I will indeed be booking the table as soon as they open it up for reservations. Sadly I cannot order the right weather, will just have to keep my fingers crossed. It would be the end to a perfect day.

Thanks again,

Nancy

We were fortunate to dine on the terrace outside Seventeen (as it was then) in the Caribbean a few years ago whilst we were on Azura. The weather was very calm that evening and we sat at the outer edge next to the rail.I dont think they colmpletely book all the tables inside and out as the weather can sometimes change quickly as happened one morning when we were having breakfast there.

The thing I remember best was my dozy husband knocking his amuse bouche which was tomato soup all over the table cloth and the waiters having to move us to another table .Its given us a few laughs since!

BTW I thought I recognised your name Nancy then I remembered reading your daily blog when you were on the Royal Princess British Isles cruise last year. We were due to do the same cruise following yours so I read it daily with much interest. It was beautiful ship but no outside dining area in the speciality restaurants (same on Britannia we found this year) .This is definitely a plus on Azura and Ventura.

I hope you have a lovely anniversary and renewal of vows (cant talk my husband into it) and the weather is kind to you

We booked a table on our last night in the Caribbean, I checked the sunset times and booked the table so we would be seated to watch the sun go down. We were leaving Tortola and Azura was coming back across the Atlantic for the repositioning cruise. We didn't find it windy at all and the meal was fantastic.