Athem sky loft questions, need help.

(YEP I know Anthem spelled wrong) lol Hi guys, seriously thinking for surprising my dh and upgrading to the sky loft. (He has ALWAYS wanted this cabin) It's going to be our 24th wedding anniversary so I thought it would be a great surprise. Looking at deck 10.

Anyway, here are a couple questions:

The complimentary specialty dining, is that any restaurant for seven days for free?

Complimentary ultimate beverage package, is that for both of us?

Anything else that I should know about? Thanks again, I am getting very excited.

Edited by Theresa522

Yes to both questions.

Thank you!! This is going to be our first time in a suite so I have no idea about perks, etc. We normally sail NCL suites.

Would you happen to know if deck 10 is better then 8? Or does it not matter?

Thanks again

Theresa

I'm sure you've looked at the benefits. My TA and I decided on deck 8. We looked at the cabins and what areas of the ships (decks) I'd use "more" and made the decision based on that.

Benefits Link: http://www.royalcaribbean.com/royalsuiteclass/star

This will be my first time in many years on RCCL. I went for SLS myself since I've only sailed in the Haven on NCL (see below - quite a few times) and suites on the other lines. So, this, to me, would give me the comparable benefits.

It's been pointed out there are no butlers on RCCL. However, all I need is Room Service and I didn't particularly like the Haven (noise, etc.), so, for me, this looks to be a good fit (good enough that I've booked 3 already without going once ;) ).

If you search the threads, there are pictures of a SLS for sure from Allure that I looked it. All reports are that the suites are absolutely amazing.

Happy Cruising! :) (and Happy Anniversary!!) :)

I'm sure you've looked at the benefits. My TA and I decided on deck 8. We looked at the cabins and what areas of the ships (decks) I'd use "more" and made the decision based on that.

Benefits Link: http://www.royalcaribbean.com/royalsuiteclass/star

This will be my first time in many years on RCCL. I went for SLS myself since I've only sailed in the Haven on NCL (see below - quite a few times) and suites on the other lines. So, this, to me, would give me the comparable benefits.

It's been pointed out there are no butlers on RCCL. However, all I need is Room Service and I didn't particularly like the Haven (noise, etc.), so, for me, this looks to be a good fit (good enough that I've booked 3 already without going once ;) ).

If you search the threads, there are pictures of a SLS for sure from Allure that I looked it. All reports are that the suites are absolutely amazing.

Happy Cruising! :) (and Happy Anniversary!!) :)

Hello and thank you for that link! I had no clue about any of the perks and they all sound wonderful. We actually changed our date to the 26th. It was a bit cheaper.

I don't know if you have yet but you can see the cabin on youtube.com OMG it is AMAZING!!!!!!

Thanks. I have watched (forgot I did LOL). I'm an over-planner (in addition to being an over-packer!) :D
OMG sounds like we are twins.. lmao

btw do you know what you are doing excursions wise?

Edited by Theresa522

.....but you do get a genie that can take care of many things.;)

I read about the genie sounds wonderful although on our NCL cruise we really didn't use the butler too much. Just for shows and that was a phone call. Still very excited about the sky loft though. looks AMAZING

OMG sounds like we are twins.. lmao

btw do you know what you are doing excursions wise?

I'm going to Universal to do more of the Harry Potter section (did a bit last March). Nassau I think, for the first time ever, I'm going to the British Colonial Hilton for a day (my DH couldn't be on a beach due to his medical condition/equipment). On CocoCay, I'm renting a cabana for the day.

I've done a lot of excursions in Nassau over the years - so, I think I want to be more low key this time (and walk around and shop :eek: :D )

As for the genie, I plan to use them for reservations and maybe to do some shows (haven't gone to any show in years and years now due to DH). But, I'm very low maintenance. Once I'm set up, I am pretty independent. I will use room service for breakfast though.

I'm really looking forward to Anthem (and then Allure). I think these ships have tons to offer as far as doing and being out and about. I'm not as used to that, so, for me, I think this will be a great experience.

Did you pick excursions yet? The theme parks are difficult; however, if you have a "game plan" of exactly what you "need" to do, it can be fun.

I'm going to Universal to do more of the Harry Potter section (did a bit last March). Nassau I think, for the first time ever, I'm going to the British Colonial Hilton for a day (my DH couldn't be on a beach due to his medical condition/equipment). On CocoCay, I'm renting a cabana for the day.

I've done a lot of excursions in Nassau over the years - so, I think I want to be more low key this time (and walk around and shop :eek: :D )

As for the genie, I plan to use them for reservations and maybe to do some shows (haven't gone to any show in years and years now due to DH). But, I'm very low maintenance. Once I'm set up, I am pretty independent. I will use room service for breakfast though.

I'm really looking forward to Anthem (and then Allure). I think these ships have tons to offer as far as doing and being out and about. I'm not as used to that, so, for me, I think this will be a great experience.

Did you pick excursions yet? The theme parks are difficult; however, if you have a "game plan" of exactly what you "need" to do, it can be fun.

Yes we kind of know already although Port Canaveral is still up in the air. I would love to go to Universal as I haven't been there since my dd was 5 and she is now 23! BUT we may just go to the beach and shopping :rolleyes:

Coco Cay we are renting the bungalow.

Bahamas I am stepping WAY OUT of my comfort zone and doing this speed boat thingy (Like a jet ski) I am totally freaking out already but of course my dh is like, oh don't worry you will be fine, I'm driving :eek: I did call and found out I can cancel within 24 hours.. lmao He is so excited so I really want to try though.

BTW we just did NCL Haven and OMG we loved it. We have been on NCL plenty of times but on the Dawn which was years a go. Although we did suites they did not have the Haven back then. We celebrated my dh 50th and it was one of our best cruises!!! Now we are spoiled and that is why I am splurging on the sky loft suite.. Can't wait!!!!!