deep tissue massage?

smixsell

Has anyone had the deep tissue massage? If so, how was it?

I'm planning on having a massage on my upcoming cruise and was wondering whether I should go for Swedish or deep tissue. I have a pretty good idea of what a Swedish massage is like, but am curious about the deep tissue.

Has anyone had the deep tissue massage? If so, how was it?

I'm planning on having a massage on my upcoming cruise and was wondering whether I should go for Swedish or deep tissue. I have a pretty good idea of what a Swedish massage is like, but am curious about the deep tissue.

I've had it. You can tell them what areas to concentrate on & what areas to go light on. Deep massage on a strained muscle could totally ruin your cruise!. After the first time, I then went back to Swedish Massage or the "Hot Stone" massage. You need some tolerance for the hot stones, however.

DW gets the deep tissue and as others have said you can dictate where they focus and how hard the pressure is.

I get a massage every cruise, there is just something about it while on cruise that makes it, and my cruise, that much better, even with the price premium.

I'm very sensitive to heat and I had no issues with the hot stones, it was a wonderful massage.

My current favorite is the seaweed wrap and the massage but you have to get it in the hydrobed (I think that's what it's called). They coat you in a seaweed paste, wrap you in foil and then you lay on a bed that fills with warm water that wraps around you. You sit there for about 20 min, shower off and have a massage. It's wonderful! But IMO it's the bed that makes the message and I know some ships don't have them and the ones that do only have 1.

At the end of the day, go for the massage, you will enjoy it!

Good sore (like the after a good workout) or bad sore (like I'd rather stay in bed)?

Sore like you have muscle ache in muscles that you didn't know you had! But, not bad enough to keep you from doing anything. Deep tissue was a little too much for me.

Edited by metairiegal

DW gets the deep tissue and as others have said you can dictate where they focus and how hard the pressure is.

I get a massage every cruise, there is just something about it while on cruise that makes it, and my cruise, that much better, even with the price premium.

I'm very sensitive to heat and I had no issues with the hot stones, it was a wonderful massage.

My current favorite is the seaweed wrap and the massage but you have to get it in the hydrobed (I think that's what it's called). They coat you in a seaweed paste, wrap you in foil and then you lay on a bed that fills with warm water that wraps around you. You sit there for about 20 min, shower off and have a massage. It's wonderful! But IMO it's the bed that makes the message and I know some ships don't have them and the ones that do only have 1.

Oh that sounds amazing! I was wondering what the seaweed wrap one was like. I'll have to see if the cruise we are going on has that available.(it does! I was able to book one for a port day since we don't plan on leaving the ship for that port) Thank you for posting about it!

I've read the ads for the wrap, but somehow I feel like I'd a large piece of Sushi!

Oh that sounds amazing! I was wondering what the seaweed wrap one was like. I'll have to see if the cruise we are going on has that available.(it does! I was able to book one for a port day since we don't plan on leaving the ship for that port) Thank you for posting about it!

You're welcome. My advice is to keep the prebooked massage but when you first board go to the spa and book it for a port day at that time. You will get a discount which you can't get by prebooking since it's a port day. Also I don't think by prebooking you can get it with the hydrobed so make sure you specifically ask for it, I think it's an extra $20 but IMO well worth it.

I've read the ads for the wrap, but somehow I feel like I'd a large piece of Sushi!

I'll admit at first it's a little weird but once they wrap you in that warm water and your literally floating it's amazing!

Trouble is, the pressure they used during the massage felt great. It was the days after that I felt it.

Hopefully once that soreness wore off your muscles felt better than before the message!