DoubleTree San Pedro - add? cost of parking if NOT booking "park and cruise pkg?"

Maddle

Any thread I have found on this question is at least five years old, so thanks in advance for any recent experiences:

If I book the DoubleTree in San Pedro on a rate other than the pre-cruise package (breakfast, parking, shuttle to port) what are the charges for leaving my car in their long-term lot?

I do qualify for better rates for the DT room and would prefer this hotel over the Crowne Plaza...but the rate for the package at CP is considerably less. I am trying to make DT fit my budget.

Best wishes -

Maddle

Any thread I have found on this question is at least five years old, so thanks in advance for any recent experiences:

If I book the DoubleTree in San Pedro on a rate other than the pre-cruise package (breakfast, parking, shuttle to port) what are the charges for leaving my car in their long-term lot?

I do qualify for better rates for the DT room and would prefer this hotel over the Crowne Plaza...but the rate for the package at CP is considerably less. I am trying to make DT fit my budget.

Best wishes -

Maddle

Why not call the DT and ask them direct?

Because I asked for experiences.

Maddle

If you want to know the parking charge, wouldn't it make sense to ask the hotel? If I have a specific question about a hotel (amenities, for example), I would call or email the hotel. Experiences is more concerning opinions about a place.

Can't remember for certain but I asked my wife and she "thinks" it was $12 per day when we did it. I booked Crowne Plaza with a bid on priceline and got it for the day before the cruise and the day after the cruise. I think one day was $88 and the other was $89.

The park n-sail was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more expensive per night than what I got with my bid and they were happy to add on the parking. This was February of 2015.

Best wishes -

Maddle

I think it would be best to call the DT and ask.

Make sure you get whatever you agree to in writing so you don't have an unexpected "surprise charge" after the cruise when you pick up your car.

Can't remember for certain but I asked my wife and she "thinks" it was $12 per day when we did it. I booked Crowne Plaza with a bid on priceline and got it for the day before the cruise and the day after the cruise. I think one day was $88 and the other was $89.

The park n-sail was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more expensive per night than what I got with my bid and they were happy to add on the parking. This was February of 2015.

Thank you - that is what I needed to know (although I need DT information too.)

Of course I know to call the hotel for their stated policy. Sometimes the answer you get calling the desk - which is usually a calling center - are not real world experiences.

The old threads did say they were allowed to park at DT with no upcharge - that is not the written policy. I wondered if anyone had been able to leave their car on the AAA rate or some other discount recently.

Maddle

• 5 weeks later...

I need to park in San Pedro Jan 7-17. I called the Vagabond Inn and they quoted me $10 a day for parking (one night stay NOT required). I would guess that the DT charges more than that. I tentatively booked Crown Plaza's stay and park (so one night accommodation the night before) at $189 + tax. I can cancel anytime if I find something better. My search continues.

Not sure I want to leave my car at Vagabond Inn for 10 days, but it's a lot cheaper than the cruise terminal at $18/day:mad:

I just phoned the Double Tree. Was told by the front desk that they do not have long term parking rates for people who just want to park but not spend the night. If you stay at least one night, you can leave your car there for free while you go on your cruise. I asked if they have a max number of days I can park, and they said "no". I checked their rates and the cheapest room if you're not a HH member is $229 + tax. $206 if you're a HH member. Rates checked on their website. I did not go as far as to check other sites or with a TA.

Edited by Oh2B@C

Not sure if I am the only one who cares about this anymore...;) but here goes:

I just called the Crowne Plaza and they say the only long term parking deal includes having to stay overnight on the park and sail package. That rate can be booked on their website. You get 15 days free P, additional days $5.50. Free buffet breakfast for 2 and 2 drinks at the bar included. You cannot just park there long term if you're not going to stay overnight.

I also contacted this hotel called the Sunrise and they quoted me $169 + tax including free parking for 10 days. Since the rate I got at the Crowne Plaza is $179, I don't consider this offer from the Sunrise such great deal...

If any locals around the area have any tips or ideas, I would greatly appreciate it. I need to park somewhere from Jan 7-17. THX

• 3 weeks later...
Not sure if I am the only one who cares about this anymore...;) but here goes:

I just called the Crowne Plaza and they say the only long term parking deal includes having to stay overnight on the park and sail package. That rate can be booked on their website. You get 15 days free P, additional days $5.50. Free buffet breakfast for 2 and 2 drinks at the bar included. You cannot just park there long term if you're not going to stay overnight.

I also contacted this hotel called the Sunrise and they quoted me $169 + tax including free parking for 10 days. Since the rate I got at the Crowne Plaza is $179, I don't consider this offer from the Sunrise such great deal...

If any locals around the area have any tips or ideas, I would greatly appreciate it. I need to park somewhere from Jan 7-17. THX

Here's what I did. I need 10 days parking (terminal is currently $17/ day). After shopping around I decided on the Crowne Plaza at $189+29.65 taxes= $218.65. Take away parking at $17/ day I feel like I'm getting the room for $49 plus a buffet breakfast for two the morning of the cruise (I've seen it and it is a good one) and the 2 drinks the night before. I'm happy with it. I feel like I'm getting the room almost free.

dz

Here's what I did. I need 10 days parking (terminal is currently $17/ day). After shopping around I decided on the Crowne Plaza at $189+29.65 taxes= $218.65. Take away parking at $17/ day I feel like I'm getting the room for $49 plus a buffet breakfast for two the morning of the cruise (I've seen it and it is a good one) and the 2 drinks the night before. I'm happy with it. I feel like I'm getting the room almost free.

dz

That is my feeling too, and that's what I am going to do.

Maddle

dz

Good way to look at it:)

Especially when the rate at the cruise terminal goes up to $18/day on Jan 1st.

And also with the rate of $179+tax=$209 I got.

My math works out to: $209 - 10x$18 = $29 for the room:cool:

And since I am a solo, I get both drinks for myself

(as long as the Crowne doesn't stiff me by saying it's one drink per person...:confused:)

And since I am a solo, I get both drinks for myself

(as long as the Crowne doesn't stiff me by saying it's one drink per person...:confused:)

They can't stop you from eating like two people! :) Enjoy your cruise. We're on the same one.

dz