MTD on Freedom

mvh

Can anyone confirm that I can reserve MTD for 6 on The Freedom before we board or do I have to wait until we get on the ship. I have heard mixed answers. We are traveling Europe in Sept 2017 and our TA said we could reserve them after the first of the year. Is this correct and is there a specific number to call or do I just call the reservation number at RCI? Has anyone actually had success doing this and how far in advance?

Typically dining reservations open 90 days out, but recently those times have extended further out (first of the year for a Sept sailing is unlikely). You should be able to reserve a table for 6. Subscribe to the Roll Call for your sailing and someone will likely announce on that thread when dining bookings open.

Edited by Biker19

Good luck. I went in on the first day it was available to reserve MTD on upcoming Freedom cruise in Nov and there was a block of no available times after 5:45 and before 7:30 everyday. I've read they block it off for walk ups. Not sure though. I'm planning to see about moving to 6:30 once I get on the ship.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I went in on the first day it was available to reserve MTD on upcoming Freedom cruise in Nov and there was a block of no available times after 5:45 and before 7:30 everyday. I'm planning to see about moving to 6:30 once I get on the ship.

That's a bit unusual - usually there are slots up to 6:30 (and then blocked till 7:30). I reserved 6:30 everyday for Freedom for an early Dec sailing. Some of this may also depend on the size of table.

Typically dining reservations open 90 days out, but recently those times have extended further out (first of the year for a Sept sailing is unlikely). You should be able to reserve a table for 6. Subscribe to the Roll Call for your sailing and someone will likely announce on that thread when dining bookings open.

In addition you can also email RCLDining@rccl . com

Edited by lv2bcruzin

Good luck. I went in on the first day it was available to reserve MTD on upcoming Freedom cruise in Nov and there was a block of no available times after 5:45 and before 7:30 everyday. I've read they block it off for walk ups. Not sure though. I'm planning to see about moving to 6:30 once I get on the ship.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

That is exactly what we ran into when we tried to book MTD for our Feb. 2016 cruise on Freedom. Just book a 7:30 time and change to the time you want at the hostess desk on embarkation day! Worked fine for us.

That's a bit unusual - usually there are slots up to 6:30 (and then blocked till 7:30). I reserved 6:30 everyday for Freedom for an early Dec sailing. Some of this may also depend on the size of table.

I had the same experience. Luckily, I like to eat early and was happy with a 5:45 res time each evening for MTD.