Puerto Vallarta time - ship time

Murphey

I'm posting this here because I'll be on a Princess ship (Ruby). I'm very confused about the time. My experience in the past has been that when we arrive in PV it is actually an hour later because Princess doesn't change to PV time). However, in booking a private tour, the company says we will be able to make a 11:15 tour (ship arrival time is 10). In my thinking we will actually be arriving at 11 and therefore couldn't make the 11:15 tour. Help?

Edited by Murphey

From the Princess Patter on October2:

Important Notice: Ship's Time

Please be aware that local time in Puerto Vallarta is one hour ahead of ship's time. All tour times and the ship's departure will be at the ship's time.

I'm posting this here because I'll be on a Princess ship (Ruby). I'm very confused about the time. My experience in the past has been that when we arrive in PV it is actually an hour later because Princess doesn't change to PV time). However, in booking a private tour, the company says we will be able to make a 11:15 tour (ship arrival time is 10). In my thinking we will actually be arriving at 11 and therefore couldn't make the 11:15 tour. Help?

If my memory is correct the parking area where drivers wait is just a short distance from the gangway. If you dock at 10(11 local time) you should be able to get to the pick up area by 10:15 or shortly thereafter. I don't see any reason why the tour operator will not wait if you are a little late getting there. You can contact the company and ask to change the time by 15 mins.

And daylight savings kicks in on November 6th to add to the confusion.

As long as I'm on deck at sail away time I will be happy.