Maya Palms vs Almaplena

Klynnn3

I'm torn between Maya Palms and Almaplena

Maya Palms looks like great snorkeling from the website but I haven't seen reviews from cruise excursion. TA seems to be from hotel guests. It also seems seems like I'll spend an hour in transit

http://www.mayapalms.com/about

Almaplena looks like a relaxing beach day and has plenty of positive reviews. Any thoughts on the snorkeling?

Maya palms Garden is a hotel/resort. As far as I know they do not offer any cruiser day packages. It is north of the cruise port and there is better iron shore up that way. Ship snorkeling excursions often head up to Uvea Beach which is a little north of MPG.

If you want a relaxing beach day with an small exclusive AI but not necessarily good quality snorkeling, then Almaplena is the spot.

If you specifically want better snorkeling see ship excursions. Or look for private vendors who go off shore to the reef.

Maya palms Garden is a hotel/resort. As far as I know they do not offer any cruiser day packages. It is north of the cruise port and there is better iron shore up that way. Ship snorkeling excursions often head up to Uvea Beach which is a little north of MPG.

If you want a relaxing beach day with an small exclusive AI but not necessarily good quality snorkeling, then Almaplena is the spot.

If you specifically want better snorkeling see ship excursions. Or look for private vendors who go off shore to the reef.

Crew, the above link is aimed at cruisers.

I can remember many years ago Maya Palms being discussed but haven't seen it mentioned in recently.

Thank you for chiming in. I couldn't find anything recent on Maya Palms either. I was hoping for a relaxing beach day at a small AI with great snorkeling. Maya Palms seemed to fit that but I wasn't sure about the beach.

I have never heard this place mentioned on here before.

I have been to Almaplena. Very nice and relaxing place with very little people there. I have a review in my signature line and there's tons of pictures from our day there a few years ago if you are interested.