Children On Cruise Ship

Jamericannn

Hello Criticers,

I will be sailing at the end of April with my two kids ( 2 and 13) among others. I want to know if there are a lot of children on the cruise at that time seeing that most children will still have school. I hope my children are not the only ones there because I want them to go to camp and have fun with other kids.

Please let me know..

Thanks.

You can rest assured there will be other kids on the ship. In April, not near as many as through the summer. I have been on many cruises, and there have been kids on every one of them. No matter what time of year. Just take your kids to Camp Carnival, when it first opens, and they will find other kids there for sure. Have a wonderful, fun, cruise.

Yep! No matter the time of the year, there are always kids on board. We usually go in early November, so after the fall breaks some of the Southern schools seem to have, but before the Thanksgiving breaks for most other schools. And my son has plenty of kids to hang with. In fact, he prefers it not as crowded with other kids! LOL! He's 13 too, and he had a great time last year on our cruise. We did a summer one this year to Alaska and there were a ton of kids of course. But our son hangs at Circle C most of the time, or with the kids from there, and loves it.

People have no qualms about pulling them out of school.

LOL! Yep! That's what we do! We had some rough years in our lives and now we're able to do these things again. So we can't wait to do everything in the summer. We do some things in the summer, yes, but with our son getting older and busier, we do what we can, when we can. So, we do a nice trip in November too. Although he'll be in high school soon, then that will be done. Not paying money for private school to take him out on vacation. Needless to say, he's not happy about that part! LOL!! :D

Thank you all. I booked the cruise then I realized it will be two weeks after they come from Spring Break. The school says its ok I could just ask for the lesson before or after.

I am happy to hear that there will be other children there as well. They may be the richer folks kids who are more well-mannered and home schooled. lol. I think t is a better time to travel than in the summer when everywhere is taken over by kids. I will be on Lido deck so the less kids mean the less noise (I hope).

Hello Criticers,

I will be sailing at the end of April with my two kids ( 2 and 13) among others. I want to know if there are a lot of children on the cruise at that time seeing that most children will still have school. I hope my children are not the only ones there because I want them to go to camp and have fun with other kids.

Please let me know..

Thanks.

There's always plenty of children on board, unless the cruise is longer than 7 days. It's always fun watching the little ones have so much fun.

They may be the richer folks kids who are more well-mannered and home schooled.

i have to disagree here. We just got off the breeze on 10/9 with our 2 boys (12 and 14). While we aren't "rich" by any means, we are a middle class family quite happy with our station in life. Quite honestly, i chose that cruise for the price which allowed us to take our kids on their first cruise. Yes there were some kids on there who've cruised more than most, but I'd have to say it was well rounded group of kids regardless of financial means so don't let that sway your decision. Furthermore, this was our first jaunt on Carnival and definitely won't be our last. we all had a blast!

Edited by ToddnMichelle

They may be the richer folks kids who are more well-mannered and home schooled.

This is a ridiculous statement. Manners have nothing to do with the wealth of the parents or whether they are home-schooled.

We've either cruised in September or February and there are plenty of kids. Mine are 8 and 9 and we're sailing in February. Honestly, I think the smaller group of kids affords them more activities and more attention from the camp carnival staff. I couldn't imagine them on a sailing with 2000 kids.

Our DD is 11 and we did our 2nd cruise in April and have another scheduled for next April. Our firat was the beginning of May, she was 10. It has just worked out that it is a good time for us to go on vacation. And there should be plenty of kids of all ages! Never a shortage that we have seen, and we saw all levels of manners.....