Costa Maya leaving the port

mollybax

On Allure in November and I have not been there before so I am not familiar with the port. I have booked a "non" RC excursion for Maya Chan resort. Should I be concerned with safety leaving the port? Are all excursions"cruise and non-cruise related" located outside the port? They say others may try to represent the resort. If you have been to Maya Chan before I well come your advise.

On Allure in November and I have not been there before so I am not familiar with the port. I have booked a "non" RC excursion for Maya Chan resort. Should I be concerned with safety leaving the port? Are all excursions"cruise and non-cruise related" located outside the port? They say others may try to represent the resort. If you have been to Maya Chan before I well come your advise.

Hi, I too am on the allure in november. However, my sailing as well as most of the sailings are NOT doing Costa Maya they are doing Labadee instead. I would make sure you go in and check your reservation...

When you go online and do almost any booking for the allure (western) A pop up screen comes on and you have to acknowledge the itenerary change.

I went to Maya Chan this past April. No problems. They should have sent you very detailed instructions how to find their representatives outside the port. The RCI excursions will meet up inside the secure port area. The reps for Maya Chan are outside the gates, just short walk down the street. It's a straight shot from the port to where they are and are very easy to find. Just ignore all the others trying to get you to take one of their tours and keep walking 'til you see the Maya Chan people. Follow the instructions they gave you and you'll be fine. They put several guests in a taxi and drive you to the resort. When you're ready to go back to the ship, they do the same thing going the other way. A few of us were ready to head back at the same time, and we all piled into a taxi that was paid for by the resort. I still tipped the driver a few bucks each way.

Been to Maya Chan three times. The last time, in August, the pick-up was outside the port, maybe 2-3 minute walk from the entrance. They had a pick-up spot, with their sign and two people with Maya Chan shirts. You check in with them, and they arrange a taxi to bring you there.

Biggest issue for us is that it was a really hot walk in August. When they dropped us off on the return, they bring you right inside the port gate.

One of our favorite places we have ever been to.

mac_tlc

Hubby & I did the Maya Chan resort a few years ago when we were on a Norwegian Cruise. They picked us up at the dock and made sure we were back to the ship in plenty of time. The resort was started by an American couple who were long-time cruisers and wanted a place that specifically catered to cruisers.

We will be on the Oasis in December and have already booked the Maya Chan resort for our day there. My husband said it was his favorite day on our NCL cruise. We can't wait to go back.

Go ahead and book it - you'll love it! It's all inclusive: it includes alcoholic drinks, a great lunch, water toys, etc.