Steakhouse questions

redhot77

Is it worth all the hype? :)

It is to me. The service was excellent on Magic, the food was delicious and the atmosphere beats the often chaotic and very loud Main Dining Room for sure. We tried to go back another night but they were booked full.

Two thumbs up for Carnival steakhouses. Well, at least Prime on Magic anyway! :D

Edited by ryano

We've only done it once, on the Breeze, but we LOVED it.

Thought it was some of the best steaks we've had. And we've eaten at some higher end steakhouses.

So good, we already booked it for our Magic cruise in June.:D:D

I have seen some less than stellar reviews as of lately, but you can't please everyone, and hey, who knows, maybe the steakhouse(s) had an off night.

It happens....

I say try it.

Definitely worth the $35.00 per person

You will literally ROLL out of there......:D

Every cruise (except Paradise...) we have gone to the steakhouse the first night. Absolutely love the food, the ambience, the free house wine (or 50% off other bottles of your choice), the service.

And in 10 days, I will be doing it again!!

You won't be sorry - go and enjoy every moment.

We did not wear jeans, but the night we went, dress code was resort casual. So I would think what ever you would wear to the main dining room would be ok. If you are on the fence about the steak house go to the cooking demo. You get to see what they have to offer, steaks and lobster on a tray and try a few samples of the food. You meet the staff. It might help you decide.

We did the Steakhouse twice on The Freedom last month. We did it on the first night for the free bottle of wine which was much better than I thought it would be (lol). Then did it for my birthday a couple of nights later and they brought me a special dessert. The first night I had lamb chops and then my second time I had the filet. Both meals were wonderful and so worth the $35 each night.

I have not sailed on Freedom, but I have been to the steakhouse on sister ships, Valor and Conquest. Very good and at current price level- worth it. If they raise the price again, I would have to think about it more. Food is good, environment is even better. Its more like a candlelit anniversary dinner type of place, rather than a Applebee's.