Can I access my onboard charges?

missdenise

I just got off the BA on Sunday. Is there anyway to access my onboard charges through My NCL?

No

You can call post-cruise guest services and request a copy be emailed to you. It will take a while. They will go to the master bill for the cruise and extract the pages for your stateroom.

Edited by BirdTravels

Next time that happens, go to the front desk and ask for it, so you can check for any possible problems and deal with them before leaving the ship. It's much more of a hassle once you're back home.

Nowadays, with iConcierge (if you have a smartphone) or with the interactive TV (if your ship has that), it's easy to keep track of your onboard account throughout the cruise, so the final statement is maybe less important than it used to be. But they should still deliver it! (Also, if you are using iConcierge or the TV, remember to take photos or screenshots of anything you want to save, because all of that info becomes unavailable once you leave the ship, too.)

Edited by hawkeyetlse

Next time that happens, go to the front desk and ask for it, so you can check for any possible problems and deal with them before leaving the ship. It's much more of a hassle once you're back home.

Nowadays, with iConcierge (if you have a smartphone) or with the interactive TV (if your ship has that), it's easy to keep track of your onboard account throughout the cruise, so the final statement is maybe less important than it used to be. But they should still deliver it! (Also, if you are using iConcierge or the TV, remember to take photos or screenshots of anything you want to save, because all of that info becomes unavailable once you leave the ship, too.)

Honestly, I just forgot about it until my DH asked to see it once we got home. I had checked the account on Thursday on the Interactive TV and everything was fine. I will just request it from post cruise guest services.

Basically your onboard expense account is accessible anytime after you have an

account set up and your key card is swiped when first boarding the ship.

At that point you can visit Guest Services anytime and get a printed copy of

your status or on most ships check the TV in your cabin going to the channel

with that feature.

When you check out swiping your key card - leaving the ship for the

last time your account is closed.

As noted call NCL after that and request an email with the account data.

The final night of the cruise an invoice statement will be slipped under your

stateroom door or attached somehow to the Welcome/Make Up Cabin/Turn

Down Cabin/Do Not Disturb rotating sign at your door. This will occur before

6 am giving some time to straighten things out before leaving the ship.

Suggest that you do this early in the afternoon before the cruise ends as the

Guest Services (Credit) lines are LONG the night before and early the next

day.

Most folks have their account linked to a major credit card and if you are

confident and comfortable that any activity is OK accept the invoice and

leave the ship - IF NOT best to have the problem addressed then and there.

Suspect that something is not quite right check it out to avoid unexpected

charges later.

If something is not in order and UNPAID you may not be able to leave the

ship until you make arrangements fixing the problem.

Any further questions get them answered while on board -or- ask them

of NCL or here at CC for the unofficial answers !

I agree with everything, except your account is not closed when you swipe off the ship at disembarkation. For example, if they discover after you have left the ship that you emptied the minibar and took the beach towels and bathrobes with you… They will still charge all of that to your card, of course.

The final statement that they deliver to your room in the middle of the last night should have a credit card charge at the very end that zeroes out the balance. So you should keep that to compare to your credit card statement. But if you make further purchases on the last morning, the amount charged to your card will be adjusted, so you might want to get a record of those charges before disembarking (ask for an updated statement at the front desk or screenshot your account on iConcierge).

As the OP, the main reason I asked this question was because I did NOT receive any list of charges the last evening at my door. I thought maybe that was something NCL stopped providing, just like the cruisenext certificate I used to get -- which we no longer do. I requested, via email, a itemized list from post-cruise guest services and I received that all ready. Everything is fine and correct and I was very happy with their quick reply. Thanks, everyone.