Vantage, Burgundy, Beaujolais, & Provence

zogrand

As to food.....every meal has been delicious. How do they insure such tender meat, beef, veal, lamb, all of it very tender and tasty. Also took us two days before we realized there were options on the last page of the menu.

Today we opted for the immigration/deportation museum after the morning tour of old town, etc. Movie was interesting but so depressing.....the inhumanity!!

Burgundy tour nice. "Disneylike" view of movie fun. Don't go in if you get vertigo!

some swans by side of boat at lunchtime. I took out some crackers....and my camera....had about 15 swans looking for a handout. Accordion player for evening entertainment.....played some nice dancing music.

Packing hint for gals.....seven day pill container holds earrings and small necklaces very neatly!

Also, if u don't want to take hiking sticks, some people used the ship's umbrellas for walking on the cobblestone streets.

Also, also....tour of galley very interesting. FYI....because of terror attacks last year, new French law....all crew must be from EU. So they lost about 80 percent of crew. Head chef and pastry chef only ones left on kitchen staff....others all new.

A nd it will make you appreciate waiters more....they have to run up and down steps to get food and return plates, etc. rough job!

Well, we arrived in Delaware yesterday, now resting up (?) for the big trip!

Weather here is fantastic...just like we want in France...sunny, cool in the morning, then about 70 during the day.

We think we have everything we need...check bags all set and not to be opened here...carry-ones hopefully have all we want them to.

Limo coming tomorrow...hopefully by 2:45, to allow ample time for leisurely check-in.

Looking forward to a great trip, and to meeting lots of very nice people!

Again, thanks to everyone who provided info to help us plan and anticipate our adventure!

Stan

Well, we arrived in Delaware yesterday, now resting up (?) for the big trip!

Weather here is fantastic...just like we want in France...sunny, cool in the morning, then about 70 during the day.

We think we have everything we need...check bags all set and not to be opened here...carry-ones hopefully have all we want them to.

Limo coming tomorrow...hopefully by 2:45, to allow ample time for leisurely check-in.

Looking forward to a great trip, and to meeting lots of very nice people!

Again, thanks to everyone who provided info to help us plan and anticipate our adventure!

Stan

Have a wonderful trip, Stan.

Sharon, Thanks for the good wishes. We are getting more excited by the minute! I hope you made it thru Matthew with little or no damage.

CPT Trips, See you at the airport. We should be able to recognize fairly easily. And thanks for the favorable weather forecast!

I may check here one more time tomorrow, Sunday, before we get picked up for the airport.

Iluv10is and Cruising Quilter, see you in Lyon!!

Stan

Sharon, Thanks for the good wishes. We are getting more excited by the minute! I hope you made it thru Matthew with little or no damage.

CPT Trips, See you at the airport. We should be able to recognize fairly easily. And thanks for the favorable weather forecast!

I may check here one more time tomorrow, Sunday, before we get picked up for the airport.

Stan

Stan, we only had one tree down in the back yard; no major damage. Thanks for asking.

Stan

Safe travels and see you there!!

Arrived in Madrid about 8:45 am and of course missed our 8:45 flight to Lyon. American Air solution - route us to LHR and then Lyon. Scheduled to arrive Lyon 2220. Sitting in Lyon still at 1500.

Vantage no help, leaving it all to AA.

Cruising Quilter (Malcolm and Karen) and Iluv10is,

I hope you guys see this!

We would like to meet you during the cruise, but have not so far. Carolyn and I are in cabin 324. You can call us or leave a note on our door.

Hope to connect with you soon!icon14.gif

Stan

Hope trip is going well for you all. Sorry Cpt. Trips that you had a rough time getting there.

Our cruise director was George and he was fantastic, great sense of humor. But you probably have someone else. Going thru my pics, remembering all the fun times.

Enjoy....it ends too soon.

Hey Car-Stan, we were in cabin 324!!!!!!

Did I by any chance leave a soft blue nite lite there, shaped like a lighthouse????

Also a tiny bottle of eye drops?

Searched our bags many times and not to be found.

Hi,

I am sorry, but we have checked everywhere and could not find you light or eye drops. I once thought I left a very light jacket, then found it in a side pocket of a bag the next time I was packing to travel...after hours of going throu everything I could think of! I hope you find them.

Stan

Stan, Thanks for checking. I realized after I posted it that housekeeping would have removed any items they found.

The light comes from the dollar store but is good for traveling. It is a very soft, low, blue light which is good when you wake up during the night in a strange room.....helps from being disoriented, but not so bright it keeps you awake. And I got another rx for the drops. So not to worry...but thanks.

Hope your weather is good.

Well, it has been a few days since we are back home. I just wanted to say we had a wonderful time. With the exception of the hiccup with the pick-up in Lyon, everything was great. We met so many nice people and it was extremely relaxing and at the same time, kept us on the go.

This was our first river cruise and we did not know what to expect. We were pleasantly surprised and will probably do this again.

Sorry we didn't spend a great deal of time with those on this thread...days went by quickly. We should have planned to have one dinner together on the boat. I hope everyone returned home safely.

We were also on this voyage, our first with Vantage, and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. We felt the passengers on this trip were the friendliest we have encountered on our various land trips and river cruises. So many nice and interesting people! BTW, we had a short chat with Nadia as we were leaving and she confirmed the affability of the group.

I posted a short review for anyone interested.

Dave