Can't get a better price when waitlisted.

restets

I booked a cruise with Oceania. I am now waitlisted for a cabin. A short time after that Oceania mailed out a better price for the same cruise. I called my travel agent who contacted Oceania. My TA called me back and said that if I tried to book with the cheaper deal I might lose my cruise since the ship is pretty well sold out. The way Oceania said they work is that they would have to cancel my current booking and create a new one. Once my current reservation got cancelled I risked the chance that another person would get any available booking for my category. If that happened I'd be out of luck. It just seems like Oceania should be able to just adjust the price without having to got thru the whole booking process again. Just putting this out there so others are aware of how this works.

I believe that you are mixing and matching two different concepts here.

If you are definitely going to sail on the cruise, then what you have is a Guarantee, not a waitlist.

If what you have is a place on a waitlist, then you aren't guaranteed to sail.

Whichever of those you actually have, it sounds like you and your TA are not communicating effectively, and that needs to be the basis for ANY DECISIONS THAT YOU MAKE.

I'd suggest looking for a new one.

I'm a little confused here anyway. If you're waitlisted for a category then it is not available, which you wouldn't be eligible for a price reduction anyway, even if you had a confirmed room.

Got to agree, time to push your TA as they seem a bit uninformed. There are people here who could guide you with more information about your situation.

I stand corrected. My reservation is a guarantee not waitlisted.

A big difference

Are you prior to final payment date ?

Oceania will usually give you the new deal if your cabin Cat still has availability

Your TA should be pushing to get you something

JMO

I stand corrected. My reservation is a guarantee not waitlisted.

It is a good idea to put your Country of Residence in your profile this can affect the answers to your questions on certain things

There are difference in regional pricing & bookings