movies

TheCalicoCat

Yes. There's an entire section of the DVD booklet that's devoted to children/family shows. Some are movies, and there are also TV shows.

But many of the offerings for all audiences are also suitable. Don't exclude reviewing them, too.

Thanks, we will be on Amsterdam in July.

I plan on packing a few DVDs for airplane/airport entertainment & am glad to hear that there should/could be selections available on board.

Luckily the Muppets DVDs have several episodes.:)

Of the movies that are available to borrow, are any of them suitable for small children? (Herbie the Love Bug, The Absent Minded Professor, That Darn Cat!, or The Shaggy Dog to name a few examples.)

if you are on a ship that still has the library you can go to

http://halfacts.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/ShipFlicks2.pdf

which is the list as of about a year ago.

Page 18 of the pdf starts the "Family" dvds that are available

The on-demand is very nice. You can also watch tv shows on-demand as well.

We've enjoyed the dvds in the past but have had experiences where our first 5 or so selections were not available, so every night we came up with a list of 10 possible movies. We also ran into damaged dvds that would not play. I think the on-demand is a much better option.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Are the on-demand movies the same movies as in the DVD list?

No, at least they weren't on the Nieuw Amsterdam when I was aboard.

All the old classics were gone, and some of the other films I had been looking forward to seeing (or seeing again).

What I disliked the most, though, was inability to see what's available, and make a selection, easily. Under the DVD system, there's a booklet and you can read a long list in short order. Then, keep a list of what you would like, and the corresponding numbers for ordering.

Under On Demand, you have a choice of reviewing the entire collection, or subsets of headings (such as comedy, drama, documentary, etc.). But, after the first four, you can only move along the list one more at a time. It takes forever!

There ought to be an easier way to find the film you want to play.

We sailed on the Amsterdam last Christmas and their were plenty of kids movies. The kids picked a few and we often took a couple. I think you could keep them a couple of days. Kids were aged 3,5,7,9.

I also travelled with a small CD holder carrying 10 of our own movies "just in case". My kids often watched our own movies in the morning when they got up and the parents weren't ready too!