28 degree credit card

Um, you posted exactly the same question 4 hours ago. You might like to check the responses on that thread.

Sorry about that. My internet satellite provider is very slow and unreliable at the moment. Sometimes hard to see if something has been posted. Good just now, though.:)

Thanks for all the advice. Leaning towards the 28 degree card for credit and internet transactions.

Sorry about that. My internet satellite provider is very slow and unreliable at the moment. Sometimes hard to see if something has been posted. Good just now, though.:)

Thanks for all the advice. Leaning towards the 28 degree card for credit and internet transactions.

I meant to add that you can apply for both the Citibank Debit and 28 Degrees Credit cards online. Just google them to find their Australian websites. You should have the cards a couple of weeks after your online application.

Strange part of the 28 Degrees application was identification. We took it out in my wife's name and I wanted a card also. To complete her application she just had to quote her drivers license number but for me to get a second card I has to go to a Post Office and show my license and they filled out an ID form that they sent to 28 Degrees, it couldn't be done online.

I got a Citibank Debit card a couple of months ago and will be using it for the first time in Nov/Dec while cruising SE Asia. How do I recognise a foreign Citibank affiliated ATM? I also believe I have to select credit not debit when making withdrawals and purchases. Can you confirm that is correct?

I also got a 28 Degrees Credit card both on the recommendations of CC members.

Not Debit, Select Credit not savings when withdrawing from an ATM as it is a debit Visa card.

Here is a link to find where Citibank affiliated ATM's are, there is a drop down at the top to change country/location.

Looks a St George ATM's and Westpac in Australia would be fee free.

https://www.findmyciti.com/au/

We found airports to have lots Citibank logos ATM's.

Edited by cheznandy

I got a Citibank Debit card a couple of months ago and will be using it for the first time in Nov/Dec while cruising SE Asia. How do I recognise a foreign Citibank affiliated ATM? I also believe I have to select credit not debit when making withdrawals and purchases. Can you confirm that is correct?

I also got a 28 Degrees Credit card both on the recommendations of CC members.

Tot find the locations a bit of research prior to travelling is needed and then see which one suits you best. http://www.findmyciti.com/

Usually an ATM fee is only a few $ though so the convenience of using a close secure ATM rather than going to a Citibank one may make it redundant.

Yes if given the choice, credit is best.

Not Debit, Select Credit not savings when withdrawing from an ATM as it is a debit Visa card.

Here is a link to find where Citibank affiliated ATM's are, there is a drop down at the top to change country/location.

Looks a St George ATM's and Westpac in Australia would be fee free.

https://www.findmyciti.com/au/

We found airports to have lots Citibank logos ATM's.

Correct.:D

I don't why your post wasn't showing for me until I posted.:o

Edited by MicCanberra

I used our Citibank plus card to withdraw cash and make purchases when we did our British isles cruise in August without any fees I was able to monitor the transactions through an App and am delighted with the product as the exchange rate I got for each transaction was close to the official rate.

I used a different card for my ship board account . I made sure I let both card providers know the dates of travel and the countries where the cards were likely to be used.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by ozziepost

Looks like I got the Citibank debit card for nothing.

There don't appear to be any affiliated ATMs in the following ports that we are visiting, Nha Trang, Phu My, Laem Chabang or Ko Samui there are a few in Kota Kinabalu. I guess one out of five is not bad.

There don't appear to be any affiliated ATMs in the following ports that we are visiting, Nha Trang, Phu My, Laem Chabang or Ko Samui there are a few in Kota Kinabalu. I guess one out of five is not bad.

Not for nothing, you still save the international fees and get a reasonable conversion rate (better rates than any of the big 4 here anyway).

Why for nothing:confused:

Even if you paid a $2 fee, you will not be paying conversion fees etc, like if you drew from a credit card or some other card,also getting a good exchange rate.

We travelled all over Asia and didnt pay any fee at any ATM, whether they were Citibank logo or not........maybe we were lucky.

Laem Chabang is the port for Bangkok/Pattaya, heaps of ATM's showing......also Phu my is the port for Ho Chi Minh/Vung Tau, try searching those locations, plenty there;) The actual working ports will probably not have ATMS!!

Draw what you need in the first port of call for all the others in the same country, in the case you are paying an ATM fee.

Laem Chabang is the port for Bangkok/Pattaya, heaps of ATM's showing......also Phu my is the port for Ho Chi Minh/Vung Tau, try searching those locations, plenty there;) The actual working ports will probably not have ATMS!!

Draw what you need in the first port of call for all the others in the same country, in the case you are paying an ATM fee.

Of the 5 ports we are visiting the only Citibank affiliate/partner ATMs found using the Citibank ATM Search were in Kota Kinabalu. I also tried Pattaya.

I will withdraw what I need at the first ATM in each country and I guess I should use ATMs that at least have the Visa logo.

Why for nothing:confused:

Even if you paid a $2 fee, you will not be paying conversion fees etc, like if you drew from a credit card or some other card,also getting a good exchange rate.

We travelled all over Asia and didnt pay any fee at any ATM, whether they were Citibank logo or not........maybe we were lucky.

Agree with you used the Citi card all over Asia , well all over the world and never a fee, it's a great card we load it up and withdraw cash at better rates than the money exchanges except in bali and Singapore. We use the bank west card for purchases now easier to payoff than the 28deg card

Of the 5 ports we are visiting the only Citibank affiliate/partner ATMs found using the Citibank ATM Search were in Kota Kinabalu. I also tried Pattaya.

I will withdraw what I need at the first ATM in each country and I guess I should use ATMs that at least have the Visa logo.

Linanles,

I do not know your plans....are you going to HCMC or Bangkok from the port?

Plenty of Citibank ATM's there

You will have no trouble withdrawing, and the fee should be minimal if you have to pay it. An additional fee should show up on the screen before you accept it if there is a charge.

I also was a bit sceptical drawing money this way, as we had always purchased some before leaving......or back in the day used our credit card:rolleyes:

I am sure you will find it easy and convenient, combined with your 28Degrees card for shipboard transactions and credit purchases, hotel holds etc

Edited by cheznandy

Agreed about using the cards all over the world and not attracting many fees. I just prefer to use the citibank ATMs if possible.

Mic, sort of off topic, but while you are here, I remember you saying you have the ANZ Breakfree investment package......did you know that the Black CC now comes free with it. We just upgraded from Platinum, better QFF points, Travel insurance still, but also a two free accesses to the Qantas lounge per year and unlimited access to other lounges world wide.....just in case you didnt know;)

Our Black Visa and Amex, coupled with Citibank and 28 Degrees perfect for us for travelling:D.......also now Woolworths have reinstated their rewards program, for petrol, shopping and liquor, so linked to our QFF, perfect!!

velocity global wallet card you can load with money put money into different currencies etc gets you points when using to buy fuel at bp and when you are flying virgin blue not sure if this helps ?? , would not get money off ship atm fee there is huge

Mic, sort of off topic, but while you are here, I remember you saying you have the ANZ Breakfree investment package......did you know that the Black CC now comes free with it. We just upgraded from Platinum, better QFF points, Travel insurance still, but also a two free accesses to the Qantas lounge per year and unlimited access to other lounges world wide.....just in case you didnt know;)

Our Black Visa and Amex, coupled with Citibank and 28 Degrees perfect for us for travelling:D.......also now Woolworths have reinstated their rewards program, for petrol, shopping and liquor, so linked to our QFF, perfect!!

Cheers, I do remember seeing the paperwork for that, will follow it up. Those QFF points can come in very handy at times.:D

Cheers, I do remember seeing the paperwork for that, will follow it up. Those QFF points can come in very handy at times.:D

Go for it.....as an existing customer you don't need to go through all the application etc, applied over the phone and cards received a week later, fees waived:D......We have a 4 hour wait for a domestic flight in November so might just use those lounge passes!!