FLL-Mexico-New Orleans-FLL Customs and Immigration Question

Maj.BPudgeman

We're doing back to back cruises next February. The first leaves Ft. Lauderdale, then 4 islands, then ends at Ft. Lauderdale. I'm sure we'll clear customs and immigration for the first time there.

The second cruise is Ft. Lauderdale to Grand Cayman, then 2 stops in Mexico, then to New Orleans for 3 nights and Mardi Gras then back to Ft. Lauderdale.

I assume we'll have to clear customs and immigration the second time in New Orleans. OK. But what happens when we terminate in Ft. Lauderdale? No customs and immigration? a repeat? shortened version?

Anybody with experience, I'd appreciate hearing from you. Thanks in advance.

We're doing back to back cruises next February. The first leaves Ft. Lauderdale, then 4 islands, then ends at Ft. Lauderdale. I'm sure we'll clear customs and immigration for the first time there.

The second cruise is Ft. Lauderdale to Grand Cayman, then 2 stops in Mexico, then to New Orleans for 3 nights and Mardi Gras then back to Ft. Lauderdale.

I assume we'll have to clear customs and immigration the second time in New Orleans. OK. But what happens when we terminate in Ft. Lauderdale? No customs and immigration? a repeat? shortened version?

Anybody with experience, I'd appreciate hearing from you. Thanks in advance.

We are on that second half of your B2B ... there is an awesome roll call group that is so knowledgeable. You should come on over and check it out ... even if you don't want to join in on the roll call, it will still be worth your while to read up on the research that so many others have already done.

So, when we hit New Orleans, we are stopping at the Poland Street Dock and all passengers will clear customs while onboard in this location. Once everyone is cleared, the ship will then relocate to the Julia Street pier that Sunday evening.... I think around 6 PM. This will suffice for our customs clearance and we won't go through it again when we get off the ship in FLL.

We had also taken a cruise from San Francisco and stopped in Ensenada, followed by a stop in San Diego. Our customs clearance occurred on the ship in San Diego and then we had no further customs inspections when disembarking in San Francisco. It's really nice to have that done during the cruise instead of on your way to the airport.

I may have misstated this in my previous post if this is the case. Sorry if so!!

Reason is you could still purchase stuff on the ship between New Orleans and Ft Lauderdale that would could be subject to customs.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Got off the Infinity last week. We left from Vancouver then Victoria and cleared customs in Seattle. Then made 4 stops in the US before ending in San Francisco. When we got off in San Francisco we just walked off, no customs, no paperwork, didn't have to show passports.