Town in Grand Cayman

mvjcruise

GT IS filled with shops a short walk from the tender landings

but be warned this is not 'bargain city' ... it is high end jewelry etc. You MIGHT find a deal on a Rolex IF you know your prices and haggle well.

Cayman has a very high standard of living and being a small island EVERYTHING is imported so expect prices to be high for just about everything. AND there's the exchange rate....

Prices you see will typically be in Cayman dollars. And $1 US is only 80 cents CI.

so that $8ci hamburger is $10 US ....

the $4 draft beer .... is $5 US

a mudslide .... $10 US (plus tip of course)

just a warning ..... I love CI, visit regularly, but recall the shock on my first visit when I bought two drinks and got the change from my $20 !!!! NOT MUCH change!!!

US $10 is CI $8

US $20 is CI $16 .....

US currency is freely accepted but you'll probably get your change in CI

there are some t-shirt shops and the like but don't expect a straw market or street vendors. A popular item is the Tortuga rum cake .... but they sell these in my local liquor store here in Florida too ....

with the brand new rule change you'll probably find some nice Cuban cigars ..... if you are into that sort of thing.

with the brand new rule change you'll probably find some nice Cuban cigars ..... if you are into that sort of thing.

We've had real Cuban cigars all along. The difference is that now apparently you will be able to freely and openly bring your Cohibas back into the United States.

And a general note... there is relatively little haggling in Cayman. If you are buying a car or house, sure... but not for every t-shirt, rum cake, and tourist trinket.