Sirena in Bermuda

RJB

I see that Sirena is in Bermuda now. Sounds great that Bermuda is in good enough shape to welcome tourists so fast after their big cat. 3 hurricane. Hope all have a wonderful time. I love it there and can't wait to go back. :):):)

We had a private tour that took us up to St. George's today and there is very little damage visible. Some branches off of trees, a few roofs with some minor (to me it looked minor) and so on. They were very lucky this time.

On toop of that it was a beautiful day.

The downside was getting here ... because our seas were quite rough due to Hurricane Nicole, and we were about 5-6 hours late getting in. We were supposed to meet our guide at 10am, instead we left at 2:30.

It also appears that we are leaving an hour or so early tomorrow which makes doing anything outside of the immediate vicinity difficult.

If anyone is considering a visit here, I highly recommend Lewis Foggo for a tour. He's very knowledgeable about the island -- well, he WAS born here!

Mura

We had a private tour that took us up to St. George's today and there is very little damage visible. Some branches off of trees, a few roofs with some minor (to me it looked minor) and so on. They were very lucky this time.

On toop of that it was a beautiful day.

The downside was getting here ... because our seas were quite rough due to Hurricane Nicole, and we were about 5-6 hours late getting in. We were supposed to meet our guide at 10am, instead we left at 2:30.

It also appears that we are leaving an hour or so early tomorrow which makes doing anything outside of the immediate vicinity difficult.

If anyone is considering a visit here, I highly recommend Lewis Foggo for a tour. He's very knowledgeable about the island -- well, he WAS born here!

Mura

How is the Ship ?? There were a lot of negative reviews of Sirena after her debut in April. What is your take Mura?

As I already said on the thread "Is Sirena as awful as they say" that she looks beautiful. The staff is great.

We've had a few slow meals in the GDR but that is our only complaint.

We didn't like the weather yesterday but that wasn't the ship's fault!!

Had dinner in Red Ginger tonight and it was empty ...

Mura

As I already said on the thread "Is Sirena as awful as they say" that she looks beautiful. The staff is great.

We've had a few slow meals in the GDR but that is our only complaint.

We didn't like the weather yesterday but that wasn't the ship's fault!!

Had dinner in Red Ginger tonight and it was empty ...

Mura

Thanks Mura, Is the Ship Full?

We are on Sirena for the Dec 11th cruise, and it seems there is availability in every category. We booked this week and our TA said that 75 cabins still remain available. That being said, does Oceania deeply discount in such circumstances to fill the boat, or do they sail 75-90% full?

We are on Sirena for the Dec 11th cruise, and it seems there is availability in every category. We booked this week and our TA said that 75 cabins still remain available. That being said, does Oceania deeply discount in such circumstances to fill the boat, or do they sail 75-90% full?

Not Mura

but they will offer discounts to fill the ship, why would they not want to fill the ship

sometime they will offer upsells to move people in the lower Cat up then discount the others

Marketing

Thanks Mura, Is the Ship Full?

I have been told by a few other passengers that we are 100 passengers light, but I haven't seen anything official. Remember that this is a transatlantic cruise and I believe they are more likely to have fewer passengers than more typical itineraries.

Most crowded restaurant I've seen (this is an extremely limited survey!) has been Terrace at lunchtime, especially when a number of tours get back to the ship at the same time. Terrace doesn't seem to be so crowded at dinner time, but the GDR IS.

Mura