NCL Spirit

overeazy1

I heard they have taken the lobster off of all the menus in the specialty dining but have also read that it depends on the ship. Has anyone taken the Spirit cruise very recently that would have any information. Would really bum me out if they did and make me wonder if I should look at other cruise lines.

When are you planning to cruise? Even if someone tells you they are serving lobster on the Spirit this week, it may be gone next week… On the other ships, it seems to have disappeared pretty much overnight, with no warning. So I would consider that to be a warning for the remaining ships: At the moment, you cannot count on being able to have lobster if you cruise NCL. If it's important for you to eat lobster on a cruise, you should consider other lines.

I heard they have taken the lobster off of all the menus in the specialty dining but have also read that it depends on the ship. Has anyone taken the Spirit cruise very recently that would have any information. Would really bum me out if they did and make me wonder if I should look at other cruise lines.

Yes. If lobster is a deal breaker, never sail on NCL again.

I can't imagine that anyone would pick a cruise over a single menu item, but if that is your highest priority in selecting a cruise, then NCL is not for you.

Hey thanks for the snippy reply, makes me wonder about some people. Was just wondering if they had changed it yet. Since you did not answer the question I guess you just felt the need for a curt reply. Feel better now?

Thanks for the reply, that makes sense. I remember when they had the speciality dining before the free at sea offers where you paid so much for the speciality dining and then if you wanted the lobster there was an add on cost. Seems they could offer something like that again to still have it. Its not a deal breaker or anything but just something the wife really enjoyed.

Its not a deal breaker or anything but just something the wife really enjoyed.
Completely understandable. Have a look at the specialty menus on the first day of your cruise. If you don't see lobster there, ask at the MDR if it will be offered as an upcharge item (and if so, on which nights).

If lobster ever comes back to the specialty restaurant menus, I think we can expect to see it as an extra charge item, just as you suggested. They will raise the à la carte price to $30+, and they will say that SDP users can only order if they pay an extra $10. Or that they can't have order it at all if they want to use an SDP meal credit.

The mockery and outrage on this board will be deafening, but at least the dish will be available again for those who really want it.

Just got off the Spirit on October 12th ... They offer in the main dining room Atlantic Lobster at an extra $20.99 per plate on any night or a Surf and Turf for $24.99. We actually ordered 4 plates of the Surf and Turf one night( was my husbands birthday) and have to say it was delicious and worth the price :)