AMEX Spend $500, get $100 statement credit offer..

RobJenn

I don't have American Express but willing to get one if I can get $100 credits so which card is the best to get that will have these offers

My co-branded Hilton did not have the WLCL offer, my EveryDay card did, my mom's Blue Cash Preferred did not.

Neither of my cards had the previous Carnival only offer. It appears that mileage varies on what is available to whom.

Yes, you can use both credits as long as the your two cards are separate accounts. My husband has his own AE and I have mine own and we both made a payment on our cruise that we booked back in November and we both received $100 credit!

Thanks for the response. He is actually an authorized user on my account, so he has a card with his name on it. His card has different numbers through. I wonder if it would still work.

My co-branded Hilton did not have the WLCL offer, my EveryDay card did, my mom's Blue Cash Preferred did not.

Neither of my cards had the previous Carnival only offer. It appears that mileage varies on what is available to whom.

Click the link and add it to your cards. That's what I did because it wasn't available on my Platinum Delta SkyMiles card. Worked like a champ!

All right I registered for an everyday card ... was approved, signed up for an account online to pay bill etc ... now where do I go to find these offers?

I think you need to wait until you get the actual card with the number but I could be wrong.

You could try clicking the link or seeing if you have offers showing on your account home page yet.

Edited by firemanbobswife

I think you need to wait until you get the actual card with the number but I could be wrong.

You could try clicking the link or seeing if you have offers showing on your account home page yet.

Okay I was able to find promotions on my online account - Sadly no Carnival listed there I hope that changes

Yes! I just used it for final payment!

Don't kill me for asking all these questions - I have every intention of doing an account for my husband as well considering we get the sign up bonus points as well so it will save us some more bucks off our cruise

How does an offer like this work - Do they just take $100 off our credit card bill or is it something like they give us the points and we have to redeem it later?

Don't kill me for asking all these questions - I have every intention of doing an account for my husband as well considering we get the sign up bonus points as well so it will save us some more bucks off our cruise

How does an offer like this work - Do they just take $100 off our credit card bill or is it something like they give us the points and we have to redeem it later?

You pay, once the payment posts on your account there will be two transactions: -$500 (or however much you paid) and +$100 for the promotion

I made a $500 payment using my card about 3 hours ago. I still haven't received a confirmation email saying I used the offer, but I won't get too nervous. Just going to give it a few days. Once I see that credit confirmation, I'll make another payment using my husband's card.

When I paid, I didn't use the "redeem now" link in the offer. I didn't think to do that. I hope it still goes through even though I went directly to the Carnival website to make the payment.

I made a $500 payment using my card about 3 hours ago. I still haven't received a confirmation email saying I used the offer, but I won't get too nervous. Just going to give it a few days. Once I see that credit confirmation, I'll make another payment using my husband's card.

When I paid, I didn't use the "redeem now" link in the offer. I didn't think to do that. I hope it still goes through even though I went directly to the Carnival website to make the payment.

You didn't need to go through the link as long as it was added to your offers. Sometimes it takes a little longer to get the confirmation.

I just checked my AMEX account, since I didn't get the confirmation email stating I redeemed the offer (I usually see those pretty quickly). The offer is showing as redeemed!! I'm sure I'll see it on my next statement. Now to make another payment with the hubby's card this weekend. I'll have to call in for that one so our PVP can add in our prepaid gratuities to put up back up to the $500 mark. Yay for a quick $200 savings!!

• 2 weeks later...

how long did it take

Edited by bnorris10

how long did it take

I made a payment with my card on 01/12 and a separate payment with my husband's card on 01/14. Here's what the activity looks like in my account:

Jan 17 CARNIVAL CRUISE LINEMIAMI -$100.00

Jan 16 CC79:0003 5% BACK ON ELIGIBLE TRAVEL -$25.00

Jan 14 CARNIVAL CRUISE LINEMIAMI FL $500.00

Jan 13 CARNIVAL CRUISE LINEMIAMI -$100.00

Jan 13 CC79:0003 5% BACK ON ELIGIBLE TRAVEL -$25.00

Jan 12 CARNIVAL CRUISE LINEMIAMI FL $500.00

I didn't actually see the credits show on my account on the dates they are shown as posting. I think I actually saw them on my account the day after those dates.

Edited by c&mh09

Make sure to look for the offer named World Leading Cruise Lines and not Carnival. That threw me off when I did it as I was looking all over the offers for Carnival. I successfully redeemed it on Monday. If it's not showing up, it's possible that they may have hit their offer quota.

I made a payment with my card on 01/12 and a separate payment with my husband's card on 01/14. Here's what the activity looks like in my account:

Jan 17 CARNIVAL CRUISE LINEMIAMI -$100.00

Jan 16 CC79:0003 5% BACK ON ELIGIBLE TRAVEL -$25.00

Jan 14 CARNIVAL CRUISE LINEMIAMI FL $500.00

Jan 13 CARNIVAL CRUISE LINEMIAMI -$100.00

Jan 13 CC79:0003 5% BACK ON ELIGIBLE TRAVEL -$25.00

Jan 12 CARNIVAL CRUISE LINEMIAMI FL $500.00

I didn't actually see the credits show on my account on the dates they are shown as posting. I think I actually saw them on my account the day after those dates.

Your AE statement lists a $25.00 credit for each charge. Which card do you have that gives the 5% back on eligible travel?