AMEX Spend $500, get $100 statement credit offer..

RobJenn

I chatted with American Express and they were able to find the offer and added it to my card.

I did forget to ask - can you use this on a cruise already booked? I booked one a month ago for next year and need to finish paying for it.

I chatted with American Express and they were able to find the offer and added it to my card.

I did forget to ask - can you use this on a cruise already booked? I booked one a month ago for next year and need to finish paying for it.

Yes you can, per many reports here on CC from people who were successful doing so. I've also made the payment on a cruise booked this past Summer and received the email from Amex that I had successfully redeemed the offer and to look for the $100 credit.

Yes you can, per many reports here on CC from people who were successful doing so. I've also made the payment on a cruise booked this past Summer and received the email from Amex that I had successfully redeemed the offer and to look for the $100 credit.

Thanks - how long before you see a credit?

Thanks - how long before you see a credit?

Actually, I just did it today so the credit hasn't come through yet. Others here have reported seeing it on their card account within a day or two and my own experience with other Amex offers similar to this one is that it does take anywhere from 1-3 days to see the credit.

Actually, I just did it today so the credit hasn't come through yet. Others here have reported seeing it on their card account within a day or two and my own experience with other Amex offers similar to this one is that it does take anywhere from 1-3 days to see the credit.

My experience from other Amex offers including one from Carnival earlier this year is that you get an almost immediate e-mail confirming you have qualified for the credit. It then shows up a few days later.

We have a cruise booked for June 2017 but we booked through a TA. Has anyone used the offer and made payment through their TA?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have not used a TA to claim the offer but the T&C's include reservations made through a travel professional. That tells me you can make a payment through your TA and it will work. :)

Edit: I know that with some agencies, you pay them and they in turn pay the cruise line and in that case, I'm not sure how the payment is presented to the cruise line. If it doesn't come across to Amex as a payment to Carnival, then it may not be honored.

Edited by joepeka

So has anyone used it on their Delta Amex? That's the one I book and pay for all my cruises so I get the miles. Since we're in NY we usually fly to port.

You need to login to your Amex card account and see if it's listed among the offers for that card. Not all offers are made available to all cards - I'm not sure there is any rhyme or reason to which cards get which offers. :(

So has anyone used it on their Delta Amex? That's the one I book and pay for all my cruises so I get the miles. Since we're in NY we usually fly to port.

I can verify that it is NOT available on the delta Amex. I have delta, Amex blue, and Amex gold and it was only offered on the Amex gold.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

was this on a cruise already booked before the date window? Also was the sailing date between those dates? Thank you.

You just have to add the offer to your card to activate it and then make a payment. Does not matter when it was booked or when sailing date is. Only that a payment is made while the offer is in play. If you don't have it, see if a family member does. They can make a payment on your cruise and get the credit and you just give them back the actual amount spent; and they get the points. Win-Win. I have redeemed these offers multiple times this year on cruises when it is added to my card.

Can anyone tell me how long did it take for the credit to post. I got the email after I made the charge but haven't gotten the credit yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I usually see the actual credit in 72 hours. But it can take more than one billing cycle.

We have a cruise booked for June 2017 but we booked through a TA. Has anyone used the offer and made payment through their TA?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes. I have done this. Just needs to show as the payment going to the cruise line, not to the TA. I'd never book with a TA that didn't do things this way to start with. Got my credit no problem.

Have done this with NCL, RCI, CCL, and Princess this calendar year so far. Some booked direct, some with TA, some I was not even on and made payment for a family member. Got credit every time.