AMEX Spend $500, get $100 statement credit offer..

RobJenn

I added the promo to my gold card. Would be great if it applies to other charges. Or I will just HaVE to book another cruise before April. I just booked one for the summer but didn't have the offer.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Just make a $500 payment towards the one you are booked on.

Can anyone tell me how long did it take for the credit to post. I got the email after I made the charge but haven't gotten the credit yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

It usually shows up 1 to 3 days after the charge has posted to your account. Unfortunately for us we have a branded AMEX card and never get the Carnival offer. But we have taken advantage of offers from other retailers and have saved over $500.

anyone manage to do this deal more than once? I've done the $500 charge, gotten the email. Haven't yet gotten the actual credit, but the offer is still in my added offers...

Once the credit is posted to your card account, the status of the offer will change to "redeemed" making unusable for any further credits. FYI, it took four days (including the weekend) for our credit to appear on our account.

Well I only owed $300 on an upcoming cruise booked before the offer came out. I had yet to pay the gratuities so I spoke with Amex and asked if I could split the payment up. They told me as long as it added up to more than $500 I would be fine (I got their names just in case). I called my Carnival rep that I always use, had her add gratuities to a previously paid for cruise in December, then I paid it off, I then had her add gratuities to a February cruise and paid that off alone with the balance due. Between both transactions I charged $520 on Amex. Within seconds I recieved an email from Amex saying I would be getting the $100 statement credit pending verification. Worked perfectly.

• 2 weeks later...

Jwglenn, try paying $500 toward the cruise you have already booked using the Amex card which you have enrolled in the offer. It worked for me the time they had the offer on $250 earlier this year.

After I made the payment for the cruise on the Amex, I even had them credit back the original payment that I had made from when I had booked. That way I didn't have as much prepaid ahead of time for the cruise.

Thanks - how long before you see a credit?

I made a $500.00 payment on a cruise that was previously booked on October 29. I received the e-mail from Amex within minutes. When I checked my AMEX account online on October 31, both the charge and the $100 credit were there.

Anyone know how often Amex has these types of offers for carnival?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I've been checking my Amex card offers regularly for the past year and this is the first I've seen one involving Carnival (WLCL actually in this case). I've seen offers for other specific cruise lines (Princess, HAL, Oceania, Celebrity) but this one was a first (for me at least - perhaps others have had this offer on their Amex cards and I have not).

I've been checking my Amex card offers regularly for the past year and this is the first I've seen one involving Carnival (WLCL actually in this case). I've seen offers for other specific cruise lines (Princess, HAL, Oceania, Celebrity) but this one was a first (for me at least - perhaps others have had this offer on their Amex cards and I have not).

We used an AMEX offer for Carnival earlier this year. The offer was $75 off of $250. It was for Carnival only, not the other lines owned by the Carnival corporation.

Well I only owed $300 on an upcoming cruise booked before the offer came out. I had yet to pay the gratuities so I spoke with Amex and asked if I could split the payment up. They told me as long as it added up to more than $500 I would be fine (I got their names just in case). I called my Carnival rep that I always use, had her add gratuities to a previously paid for cruise in December, then I paid it off, I then had her add gratuities to a February cruise and paid that off alone with the balance due. Between both transactions I charged $520 on Amex. Within seconds I recieved an email from Amex saying I would be getting the $100 statement credit pending verification. Worked perfectly.

Thanks so much for coming back and letting us know this worked! Good to know! [emoji846]

Now, if only we could add Cheers to final price and get the offer[emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Before I make a payment with my AE I want to be sure I understand whether or not I can use this offer. Our cruise was booked 5/16 for a cruise in 5/17. We have a balance of $505 left. I'd love to be able to use the AE offer (I have loaded it to our card) and save $100. Has anyone used this offer on a cruise that was booked outside the window stated? If it won't work, I'll just continue to get Verizon or AARP cards. Thanks in advance!

Before I make a payment with my AE I want to be sure I understand whether or not I can use this offer. Our cruise was booked 5/16 for a cruise in 5/17. We have a balance of $505 left. I'd love to be able to use the AE offer (I have loaded it to our card) and save $100. Has anyone used this offer on a cruise that was booked outside the window stated? If it won't work, I'll just continue to get Verizon or AARP cards. Thanks in advance!

We booked our cruise well outside the stated window (booked this past Summer, sailing in early 2018) and did receive the $100 statement credit from Amex. Others here on CC have also reported similar results.

Edited by joepeka

anyone manage to do this deal more than once? I've done the $500 charge, gotten the email. Haven't yet gotten the actual credit, but the offer is still in my added offers...

After I got my credit I checked and the offer was gone from my added offers. FYI, I had the offer on my AMEX Blue card.

Edited by DebJ14

• 2 months later...

I have this offer on my AMEX Blue Cash Everyday and it's on my hubby's AU card. I was reluctant to try it because we booked our cruise back in February and the way the offer reads it appears it wouldn't apply. However, after reading so many posts of successful credits, I'm going to make a payment tomorrow. Can anyone confirm whether or not we'd be able to get the credit on both cards since we have the offer on both?

I have this offer on my AMEX Blue Cash Everyday and it's on my hubby's AU card. I was reluctant to try it because we booked our cruise back in February and the way the offer reads it appears it wouldn't apply. However, after reading so many posts of successful credits, I'm going to make a payment tomorrow. Can anyone confirm whether or not we'd be able to get the credit on both cards since we have the offer on both?

Yes, you can use both credits as long as the your two cards are separate accounts. My husband has his own AE and I have mine own and we both made a payment on our cruise that we booked back in November and we both received $100 credit!