QV The Verandah price increase

GP&LK

Hi I booked The Verandah on QV V620 cruise a few weeks ago st $35pp, I noticed tonight it's gone up to $49.95... that's a big jump.

I wonder what happens now? I believe items are priced individually, so do I pay the extra on the night?

Hi I booked The Verandah on QV V620 cruise a few weeks ago st $35pp, I noticed tonight it's gone up to $49.95... that's a big jump.

I wonder what happens now? I believe items are priced individually, so do I pay the extra on the night?

There is a Thread Here

http://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2407232

I don't think the original poster or anyone else ever confirmed what happens to ppl who've already booked the lower price though?

They should not charge you the new price as the contract has been agreed - they offered you a price and you accepted it at the time. They can't (and I not expect them to anyway) change it after the fact.

Just looked at confirmation email and the T&C's do say: "Please note that the prices shown on Cruise Personaliser may be increased on board, however prepaid bookings made via Cruise Personaliser will not be affected by any such increases."

As I may not have time to ring th tomorrow I have tweeted saying the price on the VP is now $49.95, I paid $35 and https://ask.cunard.com/help/cunard/life-on-board/cover_charges states its $24... confusing and inconsistent.

We like the Specialty restaurants, but at that price the Verandah would be hard to justify. We will definitely wait until onboard for a discount when they find the Verandah is under patronised.

I have never seen The Verandah restaurant discounted on either QV or QE. I know other lines discount on quiet evenings, so you can always live in hope.

Spoke to Cunard. Was told the price I paid at time of booking is the price. It can go up at any time but the increase won't apply to an existing booking. Now will wait and see in December what actually happens.