~~ Booking Terms and Question ~~

MaisonRose

There are several questions I have about HAL terms when booking.

1. There is an Explore 4 package at the moment, listing

"Flexible booking". What is that?

2. I am a single traveler always looking for an affordable fare (and/or) a roomate..usually a friend or sister joins me.

CAN I BOOK A CABIN (because it is on sale) for two and name my roomate later?

CAN I BOOK AS A SINGLE (on sale) and add a roomate later at the same fare I paid?

What happens to the fare I booked in case scenario (name roomate later) and no roomate appears?

Thanks, feel free to address any part of this question.

Cheers,

Susan M

I think you probably can't book for yourself and a roommate "to be named later" as they say in sports trades.

We have seen several instances of posters asking about changing the name of the second person on a reservation, and the answer seems to be that it's a cancel and rebook (at current prices) situation. So an unnamed roommate would probably not work because you'd have to cancel and rebook when you sort out who's going with you.

I always book a room for myself as a single and havoblh e been told numerous times that I can add a 2nd person to the room at a later date and just pay taxes. (When you book as a single and pay 200% you only get charged taxes for one) I have never actually added anyone so I am not sure if it actually works or is just something they say. Now I almost never pay %200 more like %150 so I am not sure how they would handle it in that case.

You cannot book for two and name your roommate later.

You can book as a single (paying anywhere from 120 - 200% of the pp fare) and add your roommate later. However, you will then each pay 'the going' pp fare (which may be more, the same or less than when you originally booked).

There are several questions I have about HAL terms when booking.

1. There is an Explore 4 package at the moment, listing

"Flexible booking". What is that?

Susan M

I believe the flexible booking refers to a reduced deposit requirement. With the Explore 4 package the deposit is reduced 50%. But that just means you will have a larger bill at the time of final payment.

It may also refer to reduced prices for extra family or friends. But this reduced price only kicks in after the double occupancy price has been paid. In other words these reduced prices would apply to third and fourth occupants of your room. Note: not all rooms can handle 3 or 4 people.

Almost yearly, and once I did two times in a year, I book a long cruise, paying around 180% to 200% of the single fare double occupancy fare.. Then later on I (we) add my husband for part of the cruise. All these times have been before final payment.

Once he decides on what segments he will go on, our TA books him and then between our TA and HAL our fares are recalculated and then we pay. (Example on one cruise. I was booked at 200% solo including the single supplement. Then once my husband decided on his travel dates, the whole thing was recalculated so that for the first "half" we each paid the "per person double occupancy" rate and for the second half I paid the solo plus single supplement rate. They were made as two distinct bookings - his and mine.