Ultimate dining package question

Does the UDP cover all food items at specialty restaurants, or are there exclusions that you have to pay for on top? Are there limits in how many items you can order without paying extra? I'm not looking to waste a bunch of food, just wondering if we're each limited to just one appetizer/entree/dessert? It's been so long since I've sailed I can't even remember if you can normally order a second entree at the specialties, and last time we sailed the specialties were still a flat charge.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Does the UDP cover all food items at specialty restaurants, or are there exclusions that you have to pay for on top? Are there limits in how many items you can order without paying extra? I'm not looking to waste a bunch of food, just wondering if we're each limited to just one appetizer/entree/dessert? It's been so long since I've sailed I can't even remember if you can normally order a second entree at the specialties, and last time we sailed the specialties were still a flat charge.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

https://www.ncl.com/ca/en/specialty-dining-package/faq

If you still have the old UDP from early last year, everything is included, and as much of everything as you want, except they charge you $10 if you order a second entrée.

Back when there was a flat cover charge, they made various attempts over the years to limit how much people ordered (at least at Cagney's and Le Bistro). The fine print at the bottom of the menu sometimes said "Price includes three courses" or "You will be charged an additional cover charge [or sometimes $10] for each additional entree you order". And some entrées (lobster etc.) required a $10 upcharge on top of the cover charge.

If you still have the old UDP from early last year, everything is included, and as much of everything as you want, except they charge you $10 if you order a second entrée. ....

This is true of any of the SDP, regardless of when it was purchased or given as a perk.

It's not clear (to me) if you can get a second entrée for $10 with the SDP, or if they now charge you the full menu price (hopefully for the cheaper one). They removed that statement from the SDP terms (although it still says so in the Free At Sea promotional terms).

Since they stopped updating the UDP terms, the $10 is kind of frozen in time…

Actually I'm not convinced that anyone on board actually still knows what the UDP is. You probably just get treated exactly like an SDP customer, just with unlimited meal credits.

I followed that link to the ruled for the dining package and found this:

ARE GRATUITIES INCLUDED IN THE SPECIALTY DINING PACKAGE PURCHASE PRICE?

No, an 18% gratuity and specialty service charge will be automatically added to the cost of your package.

When we booked ours back in March of 2015, we were told that the gratuities were included.

Does anyone know anything about this?

Thank you in advance!

When we booked ours back in March of 2015, we were told that the gratuities were included.

Does anyone know anything about this?

First of all, if you booked in March 2015 and received a dining package as a promotional perk, then Orleanscruiser's link doesn't apply to you, strictly speaking. For two reasons, (1) because what you got was the Ultimate Dining Package (UDP), not the SDP, and (2) because the FAQ is written for people who purchase the package themselves, and some details may not apply if you get it for free as a booking perk.

For your booking, you should refer to the promotional terms in effect in March 2015. They can be found here, for example (thanks once again to Orleanscruiser! :)) Don't get your hopes up too much about claiming the "embarkation day performances at no additional cost", they stopped honoring that a long time ago. :mad:

There was also a separate FAQ for the UDP, but it has disappeared from the NCL website. You can find archived snapshots of it using the Wayback Machine, for example here.