Independence OTS & Flow Ride

I searched and didn't find the answer I was looking for. I'm sailing in Feb with my sister. She wants to do the surf thing...

we have 2 sea days

When is the best time of day to get up there and get on it?

Is it worth a waiting in a long line?

Is there a cost to it?

Any other tips for doing this activity!?

Thanks for the help!

I am also going on the independence in the spring. I found an old cruise compass (2015) that showed it was open for a limited time on day 1. I am going to wear swim suit on board so I can do this with out a line. I think it is going to be similiar to Disney's waterslide you had to do it first thing or suffer long lines.

Be sure to check your Cruise Compass for times as Flow Rider is not always open. Sometimes it's open evenings but the best timing is if it's open on a port day and you don't go off ship. If she's never done it beware that bikinis do dislodge or come off. If she can buy a surf shirt and board shorts that will help. Watch some videos and have fun. Most importantly get your waivers signed and they will give you a wristband :)

I am also going on the independence in the spring. I found an old cruise compass (2015) that showed it was open for a limited time on day 1. I am going to wear swim suit on board so I can do this with out a line. I think it is going to be similiar to Disney's waterslide you had to do it first thing or suffer long lines.

That would be perfect if it were open on the first day....she can do it and if she likes it she can decide if waiting in line is worth it to do it again!!

Thanks for the info!!

Be sure to check your Cruise Compass for times as Flow Rider is not always open. Sometimes it's open evenings but the best timing is if it's open on a port day and you don't go off ship. If she's never done it beware that bikinis do dislodge or come off. If she can buy a surf shirt and board shorts that will help. Watch some videos and have fun. Most importantly get your waivers signed and they will give you a wristband :)

We are looking forward to both of our stops, so we won't be staying on the ship those days. We also have 2 sea days but I'm sure the wait will be out of control those days!!

Good to know about the bikini, though she's a one piece sort of gal!! :)

Can the waiver be signed in my cruise planner or only on the ship??

Thanks for your help!!

You can sign the waiver online. You will not have out of control lines in early February. i suggest signing up for group lessons the first night. It make it so much more enjoyable the rest of the cruise if you have never done it before. It is about $70 and they limit the group to 8, but we have never had all 8 spots filled. Just my opinion.

I searched and didn't find the answer I was looking for. I'm sailing in Feb with my sister. She wants to do the surf thing...

we have 2 sea days

When is the best time of day to get up there and get on it?

Is it worth a waiting in a long line?

Is there a cost to it?

Any other tips for doing this activity!?

Thanks for the help!

There is boogie boarding on the first day, no stand up. Usually every morning for about 45 minutes there is advanced stand up surfing (you have to know how to load yourself into the wave), after that for a couple of hours it is stand up surfing, then it switches to boogie boarding and then back to stand up in the evenings.

I too recommend the lessons if you want to learn stand up. Some folks catch on quick, others? not so much so.

Most important thing to remember is if you feel yourself falling, SIT DOWN and always try to go over the top of the wave feet first :D

Have fun :)