Oasis - Coastal Kitchen, so disappointed

Sky Class... Claudine would be the person to help you.

I asked because we were Star Class and had a Genie to help us. Star Class afforded us free dining in any of the specialty restaurants. Otherwise, I don't think we would have eaten in any. Chops was very good. Giovanni's was good also with very large portions. Izumi was fun at the habachi table.

We tried not to bother Claudine and Dudley too much. They were available in the Suite Lounge most times and were very helpful however.

Chris :)

I just got an email from Claudine: Request has been sent to have Hershey as our waitress[emoji6].. I'l report back[emoji106]

stickyshocker,

Tell Hershey and Claudine the Wood family from the October 8 cruise says hello.

We were very fortunate to meet several very good servers, room stewards, bartenders, concierges, and Genies on our cruise. This was a small group of eight employees that we stuck close to and made our cruise wonderful.

We've already sent our post cruise questionnaire in commending by name those excellent Royal Caribbean employees. I hope someone at RCCL gets those commendations and recognizes those employees in some way.

I work in a service industry that is notorious for very bad service (airline).

We recognize when someone is going the extra mile to give us good service and appreciate it.

We also try our best to avoid those who don't really care about their job or giving good service. Sometimes it is impossible to avoid those people.

I know there are several people on this thread that did not have a good experience. I am sorry that your experience was not the same as ours.

I am sure there is plenty of poor service on almost every cruise ship. Conversely, I believe that you usually can find excellent service on most cruise ships. Sometimes it takes some effort to seek out those employees that care about their jobs.

Glass half full I guess.

I am sure there is plenty of poor service on almost every cruise ship. Conversely, I believe that you usually can find excellent service on most cruise ships. Sometimes it takes some effort to seek out those employees that care about their jobs.

Glass half full I guess.

If it takes effort to seek out and find employees who care about their jobs, then clearly the service is lacking on the ship.

It's very obvious when you are on a cruise with good service all around and one with mediocre service. Very obvious.

BNBR,

I agree. Unfortunately, good service in this country is disappearing.

I see it every day when I go to work. I try to give my passengers the very best service I can. I try and give the service I would want if I were a passenger.

I believe I am in the minority on this.

We were very fortunate to meet great RCCL employees.

Edited by dr.evil

This has got to be one of the worst places for a money grab on the cruise line. They do not have a standard wine list that you find elsewhere on the ship, only a limited wine list with $15+/glass and all of the waiters HEAVILY push for you to buy bottles. On my last sailing, the guy sat three bottles on the table and gave us the hard sell. Upon checking the menu, I realized the cheapest he was pushing was $220. It's a joke. We had to tell him three times we didn't want a bottle of wine, at all, and most just wanted cocktails.

They know the people up there are suite guests with some money and try to lure you into it. We all had the package and the waiter said they had no wine there that was covered by it, we'd have to pay the difference. Naturally people just walked over to the bartender on the Suite Lounge side and got glasses of wine for free. It was utterly silly and has been a repeat occurrence throughout multiple cruises.

stickyshocker,

Tell Hershey and Claudine the Wood family from the October 8 cruise says hello.

This our 2nd night in CK, i conveyed your greetings to Ms. Hershey, what can i say? She was absolutely delighted to hear from you(she jokingly said that she will check the boards here).I didn't tip on the first night but im

planning to give her a good

one at the end of our cruise, she worked hard and had an infectious smile. So far so good:)