Bring my own soda?

ConnCruise

We're doing a Western Carib on the New Amsterdam in a few weeks and I was wondering if they still let you bring soft drinks on to the boat. I read somewhere that NCL was not letting folks bring their own soda and I was hoping that HA has not followed suit.

Thanks in advance!

Seems like I read that you can leave your soft drinks with your luggage on embarkation day. Could be wrong since we are new to Holland, will be on the Maasdam

The rules have been clearly laid out by HAL - you may bring on as much as you can carry onboard with you. Not in checked luggage. However, there are posters on here who insist that they continue to slap a luggage tag on it and it has been delivered. Use your own discretion, I guess. Personally, I am a rule-follower.

Seems like I read that you can leave your soft drinks with your luggage on embarkation day. Could be wrong since we are new to Holland, will be on the Maasdam

The rules have been clearly laid out by HAL - you may bring on as much as you can carry onboard with you. Not in checked luggage. However, there are posters on here who insist that they continue to slap a luggage tag on it and it has been delivered. Use your own discretion, I guess. Personally, I am a rule-follower.

I'm with Lizzie on this one.

If I may be so bold as to add, one of the reasons I was told that the wine policy was changed was because of the cases that were being loaded as luggage for delivery to cabins. This came straight from the HM / HD on the Prinsendam at their special focus group. He referenced Port Everglades as the issue.

Keeping that in mind, I would carry on my soda so that the soda regulations do not go the way the wine rules did ;). But that's just me.

And remember, you can bring your soda on in any port. You don't have to stock up for the entire cruise on embarkation day ;)

I'm with Lizzie on this one.

If I may be so bold as to add, one of the reasons I was told that the wine policy was changed was because of the cases that were being loaded as luggage for delivery to cabins. This came straight from the HM / HD on the Prinsendam at their special focus group. He referenced Port Everglades as the issue.

Keeping that in mind, I would carry on my soda so that the soda regulations do not go the way the wine rules did ;). But that's just me.

And remember, you can bring your soda on in any port. You don't have to stock up for the entire cruise on embarkation day ;)

Very good point and I agree with you. Restrictive policies usually evolved from abuse of leniency.

I learned that for me schlepping sodas onboard simply isn't worth the trouble. We buy a few on the ship and enjoy sodas in every port. That satisfies both of us.

Once you get to 4 star it is even less worth it as you get a 50% discount off the mini-bar sodas. I do bring onboard a 1 or 2 liter bottle of Ginger Ale though, for times when the seas get a little rough.......

I bring soda every cruise!

So do we--a 12-pack of TAB for me darling wife (tastes like a chemistry set):eek: and a 12-pack of Diet Mountain Dew for me. It may not be worth it for others, but it is worth it for us.

Edited by tip