Free wine with cruise?

Fossil1948

It sounds to me like a paid add that offers you the promotion.

I tried Naked Wines. It is a legitimate company with good customer service. I liked their philosophy but didn't like their wines enough to stick with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If it is legitimately included as part of your cruise then why would you have to provide credit card information to them separately to receive it? Personally I wouldn't do that as I would not want any third party to whom I am not expected to have to pay money to have that information, whether they are a legitimate company or not. But that's just me.

I wonder if what is included is actually a coupon for 6 bottles of wine. Redeeming the coupon on the Naked Wine website might require a credit card for shipping charges or such.

Then that should be clearly stated through the TA so the OP understands that. Someone is not getting all the right information with this and as such, I still wouldn't issue a credit card to them unless I understood the reason and charges - and really wanted the wine!

Hi,

A case of 6 bottles of wine is part of my cruise booking but in order to claim it, i need to disclose my credit card details? Is this normal?

Naked Wine gets some "reviews" that are not totally satisfying?

Sent from my SM-N910F using Forums mobile app

Sounds to me as if you'd be signing up for a wine of the month club.

I would not give the info.

Sounds to me as if you'd be signing up for a wine of the month club.

I would not give the info.

Finally, someone who understands that "come on." The CC is for your membership, which you then have to go through the hassle of dropping before the shipments start.

Those type of "wine clubs" are not for folks with any kind of discerning palate. You'd be far better off, doing some serious wine tastings on a trip to northern California and joining winery clubs where, depending on your purchase commitments (and the ability to ship wine to your home state), there are real savings to be realized.

For example, look at a winery like Navarro in Mendocino County. With award winning, consistent excellence across a number of varietals, their wines are seldom found in stores and a case ships for one cent. Hefty discounts for multiple cases (even mixed). There are so many of these great clubs (e.g., Martin Ray in Sonoma County), don't settle for Naked Wine's mediocrity.

Finally, someone who understands that "come on." The CC is for your membership, which you then have to go through the hassle of dropping before the shipments start.

Those type of "wine clubs" are not for folks with any kind of discerning palate. You'd be far better off, doing some serious wine tastings on a trip to northern California and joining winery clubs where, depending on your purchase commitments (and the ability to ship wine to your home state), there are real savings to be realized.

For example, look at a winery like Navarro in Mendocino County. With award winning, consistent excellence across a number of varietals, their wines are seldom found in stores and a case ships for one cent. Hefty discounts for multiple cases (even mixed). There are so many of these great clubs (e.g., Martin Ray in Sonoma County), don't settle for Naked Wine's mediocrity.

BTW, you can get the same Naked Wine deal on their own website. If I were you, I'd start looking for a different TA.

Then that should be clearly stated through the TA so the OP understands that. Someone is not getting all the right information with this and as such, I still wouldn't issue a credit card to them unless I understood the reason and charges - and really wanted the wine!

Agreed. It does not sound clearly communicated.

Well, I guess I will have to forfeit the "free" wine option with this cruise although I'm still tempted to press the TA to provide wine or other goods to the value stated on their correspondence? May not come to anything but I do feel cheated of I don't get the wine as stated, even if it is poor quality it could be used in cooking?

Well, I guess I will have to forfeit the "free" wine option with this cruise although I'm still tempted to press the TA to provide wine or other goods to the value stated on their correspondence? May not come to anything but I do feel cheated of I don't get the wine as stated, even if it is poor quality it could be used in cooking?

No good cook would ever make a recipe without wine the quality of which they would also want to drink.

What you want from a TA is a refund check or purchase credit or refundable OBC and/or gratuities equivalent to at least 5% of the commissionable fare. What you don't want are "throwaways" like cheap wine or, worst still, offers like Naked Wine, that you could get yourself from their website.

Of course, the problem with doing the research necessary to find a top TA is that many of those folks won't do bookings on Carnival or other bargain basement lines (unless it's a large group) because there's no real money in it for them. And even if they do, what they can end up giving you is pretty much a few "drops in the bucket." TAs are best for cruises with sizable price tags where "the deal" may save you thousands of dollars over a direct booking.