Long Beach Terminal Expansion

DrMrsRichardson

I was very excited to learn that the Long Beach Terminal is finally being expanded and that newer, bigger ships are expected in 2018 from CA. Plus the not-so-great embarkation process at that terminal is expected to improve. I have 2 questions that I am hoping someone might have some inside info on:

1) When are the 2018 late spring-summer itineraries expected to be released for booking, and

2) Do we have any idea which ships might be coming to the terminal?

Ugh... Splendor? Been there done that. I am going to at least look and see if it has has the 2.0 improvements (mainly Guys and Blue Iguana) since it was last in LB.

I can save you the time. Last dry dock was March, I sailed her in May. No Guys or Blue Iguana, not a big draw for the China market I am thinking.

Here is another article slightly different then the LA times.

Just a piece of the article:

“For years we have been working toward reaching an agreement to expand the Long Beach Cruise Terminal to accommodate larger ships on the West Coast, and we’re thrilled to finally be able to move forward with our plans to assume full usage of the Dome, making Long Beach one of our largest homeport facilities,” said Christine Duffy, president of Carnival Cruise Line.

http://www.cruisetipstv.com/carnival-cruise-line-signs-agreement-to-expand-terminal-operations-at-the-port-of-long-beach/

I find it hard to believe they would do all of this just for the Splendor. But only time will tell!

Here is another article slightly different then the LA times.

Just a piece of the article:

“For years we have been working toward reaching an agreement to expand the Long Beach Cruise Terminal to accommodate larger ships on the West Coast, and we’re thrilled to finally be able to move forward with our plans to assume full usage of the Dome, making Long Beach one of our largest homeport facilities,” said Christine Duffy, president of Carnival Cruise Line.

http://www.cruisetipstv.com/carnival-cruise-line-signs-agreement-to-expand-terminal-operations-at-the-port-of-long-beach/

I find it hard to believe they would do all of this just for the Splendor. But only time will tell!

They're going to send you all 8 of the Fantastical class ships. Enjoy!

I personally think they are using Splendor as a test. If it sells full without having to discount a lot of cruises, we will get a Dream class ship when Splendor moves to China. If it has issues selling out, we will get a Conquest class ship.

I will take either!

I personally think they are using Splendor as a test. If it sells full without having to discount a lot of cruises, we will get a Dream class ship when Splendor moves to China. If it has issues selling out, we will get a Conquest class ship.

Splendor has already been in Long Beach from 2009 to 2012(or2013).

If the rumors are true and we are getting the Splendor back, I won't be too happy. It is my least favorite ship.