Why Duct Tape??

ashlyndalesmommy

Fix a broken zipper on a piece of luggage, emergency repairs.

Keep your drapes from blowing out the door of your balcony.

Keep the drapes tightly held together on a morning you may want to sleep in.

Hold your balcony door open.

Repair a cardboard box of liquor bottles that may not have been taped too well at the store.

I have a very small roll I got at a drugstore, and have never had to use it. It has been on 5 cruises so far. If you DO need it, you'll be glad you have it.

Yes, I have seen flat duct tape so it won't take up much space. Judging by your question, you read my prior post. My wife thought I was nuts when I asked her to buy some. I think we used it 4 times, and it was borrowed twice on that cruise. The bath room door was rattling on the catch during some heavy seas keeping her awake, was the first use. The clothing repair has forever changed her mind about it, she keeps a roll in her car ever since! Now, it's at the top of the list. I know, to a first time cruiser it seems strange, yet all veteran cruisers have it.Better than American Express.:D

:confused: I read the boards daily and cannot figure out why duct tape is on the lists of things that need to go with you on the cruise. I bought the over the door shoe holder and understand that one, but I don't get the tape one yet.

Don't take it. The whole notion is ridiculous just as most of the other things on these lists are ridiculous.

A few years ago some friends of mine were on a canoe trip to canada, they struck a rock and put a huge whole in the canoe. They were able to make a duck tape patch that would last several hours. They made it back alive.

Now that being said.. We are not discussing life or death but hey...you will use a roll of duck tape if you have it with you. It is everyting and....nothing all at once.

Better to have and not need than to need and not have!

I thought my husband was being silly when he put duct tape in our van when we were going on vacation. Boy was I glad he did. Someone tried to steal our van and we duct taped the window that they busted instead of the normal plastic bag and it didn't make that stupid noise the 1000 miles home. Thank you duct tape;) :D

Been on almost 50 cruises and many more land based vacations. Never brought duct tape with us, and can honestly say never had a use for it. Also never figured out why anyone would need a shoe thing for the bathroom. There are ample shelves IMHO and this is from the mother of 2 daughters who have LOTS of stuff!

Been on almost 50 cruises and many more land based vacations. Never brought duct tape with us, and can honestly say never had a use for it. Also never figured out why anyone would need a shoe thing for the bathroom. There are ample shelves IMHO and this is from the mother of 2 daughters who have LOTS of stuff!

The old saying.......

Don't knock it till ya tried it..........

As I said, I thought it was nuts, and I was proved WRONG!:o

On my last cruise, my fellow CC'rs on our roll call got a laugh when I posted my list of things to bring. Here are a couple of items from the list:

wife

motion lotion

duct tape

I tried to explain that all three would not be used at once.

One of our fellow cruisers did use his to seal the bathroom at the top as it was making noise from sucking in air.

Dave

Okay I'll tell you but remember...................you asked!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't believe I'm telling you this but I use duct tape to hold up my breasts so I can wear all my nice strapless and spaghetti strap dresses and not have to wear a bra. I get nice perky ones and don't have to pay $10,000 for a breast lift or breast reduction.

By the way, I learned this from a girlfriend of mine who used to be a model. What we do for beauty! :eek:

I can't believe I'm telling you this but I use duct tape to hold up my breasts so I can wear all my nice strapless and spaghetti strap dresses and not have to wear a bra. I get nice perky ones and don't have to pay $10,000 for a breast lift or breast reduction. :o

By the way, I learned this from a girlfriend of mine who used to be a model. What we do for beauty! :eek:

I can't believe I'm telling you this but I use duct tape to hold up my breasts so I can wear all my nice strapless and spaghetti strap dresses and not have to wear a bra. I get nice perky ones and don't have to pay $10,000 for a breast lift or breast reduction. :o

worthless1.gif

Archived