Becoming Platinum

kshees

We will become platinum on our cruise in May. It should happen on the last day of the cruise, so do we get the platinum benefits on this cruise or will it wait until the following one? Thanks for your help.

We will become platinum on our cruise in May. It should happen on the last day of the cruise, so do we get the platinum benefits on this cruise or will it wait until the following one? Thanks for your help.

If you reach the number of days any time during the cruise you will be Platinum at the beginning of the cruise.

If you want to check your status for that cruise go to your online account and look at your documents. Your booking summary should have your VIFP status listed, which can be accessed by choosing "view cruise documents" in the to-do list and selecting "print general information". Your booking summary should be page 3 and your guest information should have your status indicated for that cruise.

You get it at the beginning.

Congratulations on your future platinumship! To some folks on the boards, its not such a big deal but honestly I am a blue collar cruiser and I really enjoy my little perks.

I pack less because of my free laundry (hint, roll the clothes you put in the paper laundry bag as you fit alot more than just putting it in the bag willy nilly). I have 3 free bags on my upcoming cruise and for me it allows me to pack more efficiently. Good for underthings, bathing suits, tshirts, gym clothes.

I always need water so the large free bottle is handy especially when going to an island where I want to stay hydrated; VIFP ship pin a great little souvenir; plate of chocolate goodies a nice little treat; I have not always been assigned the dining time of my choice at booking but have always been granted it when I go to the dining room shortly after boarding to have it changed and its always been changed to my 1st choice; and priority check-in! Love sitting in the VIFP room, away from the masses.

Those little things just make me feel kind of special!

Congratulations. Your luggage tags will say Priority and don't forget the free laundry service.

Be careful with the free laundry , put things in the bag that your not to worried about.

Should be called Wash ,Fold and wrinkle ;)

Thanks for all the info. It helped alot. I have to be honest I am excited about the laundry thing since I ALWAYS overpack. We have waited for awhile to get to this level so happy it will be here soon. Thanks

I use the laundry for tee shirts, briefs and sox, which does allow one to pack less. I have done a 3 week B2B Journeys cruise with just one carry on piece of luggage.

Of course, I enjoy the priority boarding, tendering and final disembarkation too. Having a dedicated line at Guest Services is another quality perk.

Enjoy the benefits, you earned them!