Facebook Messenger Calls

Hollzpop

Hi! We are leaving on our first cruise next Sunday (11/5) on the Carnival Splendor. I was wondering if the basic media package will allow us to use the call option on Facebook Messenger? My husband is not traveling with us so I would like to be able to make a quick call if needed without paying a fortune to use my phone data rates. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi! We are leaving on our first cruise next Sunday (11/5) on the Carnival Splendor. I was wondering if the basic media package will allow us to use the call option on Facebook Messenger? My husband is not traveling with us so I would like to be able to make a quick call if needed without paying a fortune to use my phone data rates. Thanks!

It has been reported to work with the Social Media plan. I do know that the messaging feature works.

If all else fails, it is $1.99 per minute to call from your stateroom phone, if you just need something quick :)

I have used the social media package and had decent results with Messenger. Video was choppy at times, but voice was fine. I was able to upload photos to FB in reasonably quick timeframes too. My most recent experience was on the Freedom out of Galveston and I was pleased, given the cheap price tag of the package.

My sister had basic internet packages on Oasis last month and she called home on messenger to check in on our mom. Worked great. Some people on here have a cow when you say anything about keeping in touch but sometimes it's necessary.

My sister had basic internet packages on Oasis last month and she called home on messenger to check in on our mom. Worked great. Some people on here have a cow when you say anything about keeping in touch but sometimes it's necessary.

Thank you! I just want to know if it is possible in case I need to use it.

• 2 weeks later...
Why do people get upset if one wants to keep in touch? Gracious, my 18 year old daughter will not be going with us and it will be during Holidays....who in the world would not want to connect and check in on family? Well anyway good info!

Some people on here feel like you HAVE to do it like they do it or it's wrong. There are no other options than what they do. They totally disconnect from home so you should too. After all, they've been on 25 cruises so they know how you should do it right? Ha.

Do what you want when you want if it in no way affects others. Who cares what they think right? It's your vacation too.

Edited by dwayneb236

yes... our daughter called us using messenger while we were on the Magic last week. worked very well.

Hi... My daughter and I are going on Carnival Magic for our FIRST CRUISE in May 2017. Can you tell me how much the internet package is so that you can use the Facebook Messenger? I would like to be able to call or Facetime back home to my husband and son. Thank you!!!:):):)

Do what you want when you want if it in no way affects others. Who cares what they think right? It's your vacation too.

Be careful what you say you just gave her permission to share cheers package, jump off the ship, pee off the side of the boat - after all none of those things will affect others .... lol J/K

Anyways yes it works for voice