Drinking without Cheers

Ejkjar

If you DON'T have Cheers do they still limit you to one drink ever 5 minutes? And can you buy more than one drink at a time? Is there a limit for how many you can buy at once?

We will be cruising with my sisters (all over 21, but also usually all broke) and I would like to be able to buy us all drinks at the same time when we want to sit out by the pool together or go to a bar together. But I'm not sure how this would work.

no, they don't limit you to the time constraints of 5 minute intervals.

yes, you can order as much as you want.

no, there is not a limit - i bought 12 once :D

last-call.jpg

so long as you don't have cheers, you just do what you want. they will not challenge you.

I'm not positive but I think they would cut you off if they think you've had too many though.

that is true, but subjective. purchasing a la carte does not have the same steadfast 15-drinks-and-you're done-limit as cheers does.

and that kinda makes you wonder why there is a steadfast limit with cheers, and not if you order a la carte - it's all about the profit margin built in to the system.

granted, ^above was not all for me, but it was a la carte...

but the cheers limit it not to 'encourage responsible drinking' or anything like that, it is to ensure they make enough money off the purchase. there is no such limit if you don't have the package.

Edited by falkcor

If you DON'T have Cheers do they still limit you to one drink ever 5 minutes? And can you buy more than one drink at a time? Is there a limit for how many you can buy at once?

We will be cruising with my sisters (all over 21, but also usually all broke) and I would like to be able to buy us all drinks at the same time when we want to sit out by the pool together or go to a bar together. But I'm not sure how this would work.

You can order more than one drink if you pay as you order. Just be ready the first time with the IDs in case they doubt your sisters are over 21.

You'll definitely be cut off if you are obviously drunk. My wife was switched to virgin drinks one night without her knowing, the bartender asked me if it was okay. Thankfully he did because she was a hand full!

You can even order a round of drinks if you have cheers, you just have to tell them that. One is charged to your cheers and the others to your S&S card.

Unless I am misunderstanding your statement you are wrong. With the Cheers program you can not order more than one drink at a time even if you want to pay for them.

Unless I am misunderstanding your statement you are wrong. With the Cheers program you can not order more than one drink at a time even if you want to pay for them.

From the Carnival FAQ section on Cheers at https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1106/~/cheers%21-beverage-program

Guests may purchase a round of drinks for themselves and friends. One drink will count towards the CHEERS! program and the remaining drinks will be charged to the guest's Sail and Sign account.

From the Carnival FAQ section on Cheers at https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1106/~/cheers%21-beverage-program

Guests may purchase a round of drinks for themselves and friends. One drink will count towards the CHEERS! program and the remaining drinks will be charged to the guest's Sail and Sign account.

You know what?, you are right. I was just coming back here to correct myself. I didn't think you could so I went to Q&A and looked too. What do you know, learn something new everyday. But this must new.

That may be a technical rule, I don't know. But the bartenders seemed more than flexible last week and would have certainly sold me a second shot if I wanted. One of them used my wifes and my cheers cards and poured me a double :)