LIVE from Liberty of the Seas, sailing October 30th!

DINING:

I did not visit the MDR on this cruise but that was by choice. I missed not being able to have breakfast on Johnny Rockets like you can on Oasis class but definitely not a deal breaker.

Specialty restaurants once again shinned on this sailing, especially Sabor. I ate there four times and was never disappointed once. I like the flat cover charge version better than the ala carte version on Oasis class. The place seems more inviting and service was top notch. Plus the food was of excellent quality.

Dined at Giovannis twice and was not disappointed. Food and service excellent. The same went for Chops. I realize some people said Chops is awful but I enjoyed my experience there. The steak was cooked a perfect medium rare.

I even dined at the Windjammer once. This is a sure sign of the impending apocalypse as I am not a buffet person typically ;)

POOL AREA:

Very nice, never felt crowded. The Solarium is nice and the pool temperature always seemed to be nice, slightly warm, not the "ice cube" effect I have felt at some pools.

The jogging track could be difficult when a lot of the pool chairs are full trying to maneuver around people in chairs but I made up for that later in the day by walking laps around deck 4, underneath the lifeboats. Found the bar service at the pool bars to be very professional and friendly.

BARS AND ENTERTAINMENT:

The R Bar became my favorite place to go for drinks on board. Bartenders are excellent there and very friendly. If they can't make the drink no one can. Other good bars were the Solarium and Pool Bars.

Entertainment was very good. The Love and Marriage show was a riot as always. I did not care for Saturday Night Fever, it was too "dark" for me.

Thanks Chris.

As a first-timer for Royal (but veteran cruiser in general) are there any absolute MUST HAVES or MUST DOS on Liberty?

Chris I hope you don't mind if I throw in my 2 cents from our April Liberty cruise:

The Quest. Just go and prepare to laugh your butt off.

Ice skating, just to say you did it on a cruise ship.

Cheesecake lollipops at Cafe Promenade deck 5

Tidal Wave and Flowrider

Saturday Night Fever show (if you liked the movie)

Ice skating show is fabulous.

Sabor...4 visits like Chris not necessary (he beat my record of 3) but you must go once.

Hoof & Claw Pub would have been a HIGHLY recommended evening stop, but the entertainer Derek Lewis will not be back until January.

Make a reservation at the Next Cruise desk and take advantage of current promo and bonus onboard credit.

PORTS OF CALL:

Roatan: enjoyed Little French Key but would have liked more time there. 4 hours seemed rather short. Plus I do agree with my friends who said so... for 88 dollars more than 2 drinks included would have been nice. However the prices for drinks were more reasonable than what you will get on the ship. Very friendly staff.

Belize: stayed on the ship

Cozumel: as many of you saw from my posts and Periscope broadcasts, El Cid La Ceiba Beach Resort is a steal for an all inclusive beach day. Strong drinks, good food and as much as you care to have. Use of the pools and hot tub plus your own lounge chairs with plenty of shade. All this for 50 dollars. Service was excellent. Yes the actual beach is very small but the pools especially the waterfall pool make up for it. Snorkeling is included as well. Do not book this through resortforaday as it is 65 dollars per person. Shore Excursioneer will offer you the exact same thing for 50.

The VOOM issue on Liberty is one that irks me. They are advertising it and selling it as the fastest internet at sea but on Liberty it's not even close. There is no way you can stream from the ship when at sea. The signal strength is terrible. The IT people on board know this and yet continue to make excuses, the latest now claiming it is your type of phone or tablet that is causing the issue. As Ken Jarvis pointed out he was told Liberty never got the real VOOM and there are no plans to put it on the ship. Then my argument is stopping selling it as VOOM or put the real thing on the ship.

Also the embarkation and disembarkation process at the Port is chaos. The port needs to get their act together on this. Usually only two scanner lanes at security for 4000 passengers boarding is inexcusable.

Getting ready for the martini and mixology class on the R Bar

4ec8129aa5106a27bafc5c10a49c5a5e.jpg

Sent from Samsung Galaxy Note 5 using Tapatalk

OH MY GOSH!!! Melvin and Raj were my dudes when on Liberty in March. So glad to see them! Raj always saw me coming down the stairs before dinner (while my lady was getting ready) and he would have my Grey Goose & Sprite Zero with Lime ready before I even sat down!

In closing I would like to thank everyone who followed along and was also able to tune in to my Periscope broadcasts when I was able to do so.

I would also like to politely remind some that this is my vacation and I am willing to give up some of it to do these type of reviews and broadcasts. A few still don't seem to understand that and demand that I show them stuff or get them the info they want. Remember, asking nicely goes a long way. Demanding or getting impatient gets you nowhere.

Also even though I stated at the beginning that I was well aware of the voom issues a couple of people still felt the need to remind me how bad it was and it was the only post they made on the entire review which made me feel like they had no desire to follow along. Please if this is the only thing you have to say on one of my reviews, just keep it to yourself. Thank you.

With those minor gripes aside, LIVE from Liberty of the Seas has concluded. The next adventure will be on Harmony of the Seas, April 22nd.

Until next time...... ;) :D

Chris I hope you don't mind if I throw in my 2 cents from our April Liberty cruise:

The Quest. Just go and prepare to laugh your butt off.

Ice skating, just to say you did it on a cruise ship.

Cheesecake lollipops at Cafe Promenade deck 5

Tidal Wave and Flowrider

Saturday Night Fever show (if you liked the movie)

Ice skating show is fabulous.

Sabor...4 visits like Chris not necessary (he beat my record of 3) but you must go once.

Hoof & Claw Pub would have been a HIGHLY recommended evening stop, but the entertainer Derek Lewis will not be back until January.

Make a reservation at the Next Cruise desk and take advantage of current promo and bonus onboard credit.

YES!! This is the sort of stuff I was hoping for. A few things like the ice skating are more obvious but... cheesecake lollipops... how would I have ever known without a reply like this :)

How is the pub when there ISN'T an entertainer? Or is this new, unexplored territory?

Also, any idea where the best spot onboard is for a big scotch and bourbon selection (asking for friends... I'm not particularly fond of the brown liquors...)

Thanks again!!

Thank you Chris for all of the info! I have enjoyed following along. We will be cruising on the Liberty in February and its our first RCCL cruise. Your report and pictures are very helpful. I am really looking forward to our aft balcony on deck 9!

We were on this cruise and met Chris this week. Nice of him to take all you along!

We ate at Chops one night which was very good but otherwise did the MDR. Food was decent, no raves except the scallops in garlic sauce. We actually thought the windjammer was better at lunch then usual. Service at JRs was slow but yummy shakes.

No cheesecake lollipops this trip nor in May. Could only find chocolate chip cookies by room service. We are never too impressed with desserts on board but came home with extra 3-5 pounds anyway.

Tidal wave was fun!

We thought all the production shows were great. Don't miss In the Air, ice skating show Encore or Saturday night fever unless that's just not your thing. Only one night did we see any dancing in the night club and that was Halloween night. Ship got pretty quiet after midnight. I am sure this varies cruise to cruise with who is on board.

Quest was the usual as well as love and marriage but always enjoyable.

Staff was great this week. No complaints there. In May we met some grouchy staff but this trip we didn't see that. Our room steward was great and friendly as was our waiter.

Bourbon and scotch try the R bar or Viking crown lounge.

We also thought El Cid was great. We used ship excursions in Belize and Roatan, both boat snorkeling excursions that we thought we great, not over crowded and well done.

We had a great week and will be back next fall.

Great job!!! Did they have the martini class on all the sea days or just the last one. Looks great and fun but by the last day I'm usually giving my liver a break.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The best one is on the last sea day

Sent from Samsung Galaxy Note 5 using Tapatalk

Chris...do you have a personal preference for a particular class of RCCL ships? Thanks again for giving all of us your time.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

I need to cruise a few more classes before I can say for sure what I prefer. I look forward to my first Radiance Class ship(Serenade) next November.

DINING:

I did not visit the MDR on this cruise but that was by choice. I missed not being able to have breakfast on Johnny Rockets like you can on Oasis class but definitely not a deal breaker.

Specialty restaurants once again shinned on this sailing, especially Sabor. I ate there four times and was never disappointed once. I like the flat cover charge version better than the ala carte version on Oasis class. The place seems more inviting and service was top notch. Plus the food was of excellent quality.

Dined at Giovannis twice and was not disappointed. Food and service excellent. The same went for Chops. I realize some people said Chops is awful but I enjoyed my experience there. The steak was cooked a perfect medium rare.

I even dined at the Windjammer once. This is a sure sign of the impending apocalypse as I am not a buffet person typically ;)

We have done the same thing on the last two cruises, IOS and Allure, we like the specialty restaurants and aren't too interested in the MDR experience now. Looking forward to the flat cover at Sabor. Thanks for the updates.

In closing I would like to thank everyone who followed along and was also able to tune in to my Periscope broadcasts when I was able to do so.

I would also like to politely remind some that this is my vacation and I am willing to give up some of it to do these type of reviews and broadcasts. A few still don't seem to understand that and demand that I show them stuff or get them the info they want. Remember, asking nicely goes a long way. Demanding or getting impatient gets you nowhere.

Also even though I stated at the beginning that I was well aware of the voom issues a couple of people still felt the need to remind me how bad it was and it was the only post they made on the entire review which made me feel like they had no desire to follow along. Please if this is the only thing you have to say on one of my reviews, just keep it to yourself. Thank you.

With those minor gripes aside, LIVE from Liberty of the Seas has concluded. The next adventure will be on Harmony of the Seas, April 22nd.

Until next time...... ;) :D

Thank you for the great review and letting us follow along. Great info!