HELP! Need to book ASAP! Montego Bay or Ocho Rios?

CandyCruiser1106

While we've never been to Ocho Rios, we have been to MoBay twice and would go again in a heartbeat. That being said, the first time we were planning to go, I kept hearing people, both on this site and friends that I know personally, telling us how dangerous it is, stay on the ship, etc. I kept researching and found Sunset Beach Resort (now called Sunscape Splash) through resortforaday.com and we enjoyed it immensely. I'm so glad we didn't just stay on the ship.

With their day pass (current price is $80 per person), they pick you up at the port and bring you back that afternoon so it's very safe. It's a short five minute ride from the port. You can actually see it from the ship and you get a beautiful shot of the ship when standing in the lobby. It's an all-inclusive package which includes a full buffet and all you can drink (even though we don't drink alcohol). They have a couple of water slides, a lazy river and three different pools. There are also not vendors walking around trying to get you to buy their wares. There's usually someone selling paintings but I've never had them approach me.

All in all, we love Sunset Beach and would more than likely return again. Here's the link in case you're interested: http://www.resortforaday.com/Sunscape-Splash-Montego-Bay-Day-pass-p/mbjassp.htm

Hope this helps!

I am so glad to read this....we booked Sunscape Splash for our Jan cruise. I am even more excited about going here! It will be my son's 11th birthday and I thought that this place would be a great place to spend it.