Hot tub and pool hours of operation-Regal Princess

born_in_detroit

Hello Everyone,

I have never cruised on Princess before and we are considering going on the Regal Princess next month which goes to the Caribbean.

We like hanging out in the hot tubs in the evening which we have done on both Carnival and RCCL.

What time do the pools and hot tubs close on the Regal Princess?

Are there any hot tubs on the ship that are open 24hrs?

Thanks in advance. :)

Hello Everyone,

I have never cruised on Princess before and we are considering going on the Regal Princess next month which goes to the Caribbean.

We like hanging out in the hot tubs in the evening which we have done on both Carnival and RCCL.

What time do the pools and hot tubs close on the Regal Princess?

Are there any hot tubs on the ship that are open 24hrs?

Thanks in advance. :)

Hours depend on weather, night time deck top entertainment, and cleaning schedules.

The hot tubs I have been in on Regal have not been open 24 hours.

Enjoy your cruise.:)

We have not been on the Regal, but on the Royal last year for our Caribbean cruise:

1) The hot tubs were surprisingly warm (hot but not scalding). They were very inviting to sit in during the evening.

2) Were open until the end of the 2nd showing of MUTS, which, depending upon the length of the movie or football game, ended around 11-11:30pm. At that point, attendants began putting the netting over the hot tubs for the evening.

Don

We have 29 cruises with Princess mostly in the Caribbean, South Pacific and Atlantic crossings all in warm weather. The operation of the Hot Tubs is my pet peeve as there is no standard within the company. Timing is strictly at the discretion of an as yet undetermined position.

We just returned from a 15 day Vancouver - Hawaii - Vancouver cruise aboard the Star (24 Sept - Oct 9) and when we boarded they were closing all the tubs beginning at 9:30 (aft) and finishing at 10:00PM (forward Sanctuary). I complained to Passenger Services and after about four days found that the closing time had been changed to 11:00 PM. No notification or posting.

I have written several times to Princess headquarters complaining about the lack of standard closing times and operating temperatures of the tubs. My suggestion has been that at least one or two tubs should be open till at least midnight on ships cruising in the warm climates and that tub temperatures should be at a standard temperature. Never have had a reply and the only thing consistent about Princess is inconsistency.

My suggestion to you is that if the tubs are not open until a reasonable hour voice your concerns in writing to Passenger Services and ask for a reply from the responsible officer. Pursue your complaint and if your not satisfied take the trouble to write to the President Jan Swartz. Maybe in time Headquarters could publish an SOP.