Freedom's Fitness Center

Since it's been 10 years since I've been on Freedom of the Seas, do they still have the locker rooms in the Fitness Center, along with the shower stalls?

TIA

I'm a little bit confused why they would have locker rooms and showers in the fitness centre? Surely after a workout you would go back to your cabin/statement for a shower etc?

On my last cruise I went to the gym (Azamara Quest) and after went back to my room to shower and change - I know people used the showers in the fitness place saying that they were better and there was a lot more room than the ones in their room. Am I missing out of something?

:confused:

I usually use the showers in the gym because we go right to the pool and it is easier to use the warm water and body wash in there than just step into the cold shower by the pool. I also use the shower to cool down after the sauna or steam. The showers are actually much nicer than the ones in the rooms also because they are BIG! I have heard several people talk about using them when there are several people in the cabin and getting ready at dinner can be a challenge I guess, we have not had this issue but I see it mentioned.

I usually use the showers in the gym because we go right to the pool and it is easier to use the warm water and body wash in there than just step into the cold shower by the pool. I also use the shower to cool down after the sauna or steam. The showers are actually much nicer than the ones in the rooms also because they are BIG! I have heard several people talk about using them when there are several people in the cabin and getting ready at dinner can be a challenge I guess, we have not had this issue but I see it mentioned.

Oh I see - seems a bit of a bind dragging all of your clothes there. Do they provide towels for the shower and also the gym.?

Yes, they do have showers bath size in shower area and hand size in gym. I think they probably just wear casual clothes and go back to cabin to dress but I have never seen it happen so not sure. I am going into bathing suit when I am there and put my workout clothes in my pool bag.

Thanks for the responses. I know they did a big refurb on Freedom and I thought I had heard they took the showers out of the fitness area? Maybe it was a different ship.

Yikes! Don't give them any ideas!

It's bad enough that the newer classes of ships don't have decent locker rooms for the fitness centers and only have the thermal suites for a fee. We want them to leave the Voyager- and Freedom-class ships alone so we can continue to enjoy the nice locker areas with the large saunas and steam rooms.

Yikes! Don't give them any ideas!

It's bad enough that the newer classes of ships don't have decent locker rooms for the fitness centers and only have the thermal suites for a fee. We want them to leave the Voyager- and Freedom-class ships alone so we can continue to enjoy the nice locker areas with the large saunas and steam rooms.

lol Couldn't agree more!!!