Duty Free Alcohol Prices/Sales

Hazydavo

Hi all,

When's the best time to buy bottles of duty free alcohol on Royal ships (esp. Explorer), first night, second, towards the end of the cruise? When do they usually have the sales? Is it when they have the tastings?

Thanks in advance.

Hi they do have tastings etc will be in the compass ,as regarding buying duty free on ship just realise all in US dollars and we found better deals at ports and best of all at Airpotr if you are using one. Irene and Stan

Hi all,

When's the best time to buy bottles of duty free alcohol on Royal ships (esp. Explorer), first night, second, towards the end of the cruise? When do they usually have the sales? Is it when they have the tastings?

Thanks in advance.

It's been over a year since I've bought any alcohol on board, but I've always waited until the end of the cruise. Keep a watch on the sales and if one's offered, don't miss it. But if no sale is offered, then just buy it the last day. Unless things have changed, RCCL will price match. So if you price it on the ship, then find it cheaper in port, get some proof and they'll match it (unless this has changed). I've actually used a Cell Phone picture of the price and they honored it. Not sure that'll work, but see if you can get some proof like a flier or something.

One other comment, they do sometimes run out of certain bottles. So if there's something you really want, waiting could mean no sale. :)

Not everything is a great deal.

We used to go to our liquor store before hand and take pictures of stuff we like to compare prices once on the ship.

This way we can pick the better deals.

Now we usually buy 4 bottles of Stoli because it is a good value and we drink it.

Was on the western caribbean on FOS 30 days ago. The first day they offered an additional 10% off their normal prices. That's when I bought mine. Don't go to tastings, so don't if they have similar discounts then. I looked at some of the other liquor stores in the various ports and the ship seemed to have the better price, although the selection is limited.

Not everything is a great deal.

We used to go to our liquor store before hand and take pictures of stuff we like to compare prices once on the ship.

This way we can pick the better deals.

Now we usually buy 4 bottles of Stoli because it is a good value and we drink it.

Yes, there are a few things we regularly drink that are usually offered in the ship's liquor store and the prices are usually very good against what we can get it for at home.

Edited by Hazydavo

Was on the western caribbean on FOS 30 days ago. The first day they offered an additional 10% off their normal prices. That's when I bought mine.

Yes I seem to recall the "2 for" deals can be a little better in the first day or 2.