first ever inside cabin

surebeatssailing

We are planning our 1st ever inside cabin on HAL in Oct 2017. We will be on the Westerdam cabin 1073.

I have searched cruise critic & youtube for an idea if cabin 1073 on Westerdam is a small or larger inside cabin but cannot find enough info. Was not aware that there were different sized inside cabins.

We have previously sailed OV on HAL & many times Verandas on Celebrity.

Upcoming retirement dictates we try an inside cabin to allow us to continue traveling as much.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

• 2 years later...
On October 30, 2016 at 12:07 PM, Cruiser Andi said:

Here's a link to 1073 on Zuiderdam. They are sister ships and should be similar.

http://halfacts.com/1073-zuiderdam/

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I know this thread is old, but I found it on a google search and I'm looking at booking # 1073 on the Zuiderdam.

Thank you for the pictures of there cabin. Do you happen to know if the TV is on an extendable arm so that you can view the TV from the bed?  I know this shouldn't make a difference on a cruise, but it does to my husband :)

On October 31, 2016 at 12:25 AM, Sue from Canada said:

I've sailed in cabin 1073 on the Noordam. My friend and I had the beds separated and found the cabin to have quite a bit more room than inside cabins on other HAL ships. I would definitely book this category again.

Was the layout of the cabin the same as is shown for the Zuiderdam # 1073?  If so, could you tell me if the TV has an extendable arm that allows you to watch TV from bed?  Thanks in advance for the info, my husband really wants to know.

I was recently traveling as a "solo" and did my first inside cabin to reduce costs and while the cabin was fine in all regards, the one thing I missed most of all was waking up to sunlight.  I hated waking up and not knowing by visual clues what time of day or night it was.

I searched online for a gradual light alarm clock and there are several options available - I would dfeinitely bring one if I were in an inside cabin again. I tried leaving the TV on with the ship's webcam forward view on to give me an "outside view" but it was not sufficient to really tell if it was day or night.  That was my only issue -which may be just my own personal quirk.

I agree wholeheartedly, the more cruising at the lowest price is always the right final choice.

On 10/30/2016 at 8:53 AM, surebeatssailing said:

We are planning our 1st ever inside cabin on HAL in Oct 2017. We will be on the Westerdam cabin 1073.

I have searched cruise critic & youtube for an idea if cabin 1073 on Westerdam is a small or larger inside cabin but cannot find enough info. Was not aware that there were different sized inside cabins.

We have previously sailed OV on HAL & many times Verandas on Celebrity.

Upcoming retirement dictates we try an inside cabin to allow us to continue traveling as much.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

There is nothing wrong with insides... I like main deck near the laundry.  They are all.. only about 10 sq ft smaller than OV cabins.  except the  Handy-capped  which are  30 sq larger than OV.   I like the insides forward near the forward elevator.  good access to everything   Avoid deck 4     

You have made a good decision   in my eyes, being  able to travel more and have the experience is better than soothing the ego  in a up scale cabin  You eat the same food, walk the same deck, see the same as a SS passenger.....

2 hours ago, jakesnana said:

Was the layout of the cabin the same as is shown for the Zuiderdam # 1073?  If so, could you tell me if the TV has an extendable arm that allows you to watch TV from bed?  Thanks in advance for the info, my husband really wants to know.

You might want to start a new thread with this question.  I’m not sure if people have read back far enough to realize this is a new question.

I have not sailed on the Zuiderdam but on other HAL ships  and cruise lines I’ve sailed with I don’t recall any TVs on movable arms. 

3 hours ago, jakesnana said:

The Zuiderdam had a dry dock in Oct/Nov 2017, so I wouldn't trust those pictures on halfacts to be accurate.  The TV may have been replaced by a large wall-mounted model.  Unfortunately I can't find any newer pictures of 1073 or other Main deck insides for you.

Edited by catl331