Balcony (verandah) cabin question - shower only?

jbobst

On the deck plans of the Westerdam, it appears that the verandah cabins near the back of the ship have a 'shower only' designation. On the deck plans, it appears that all the verandah cabins are the same size. Do the 'shower only' cabins have larger bathrooms since there is no tub? Interesting to me that HAL has different layouts like this. I don't think I've seen this in other cruise lines. Most all have showers only until you get to suite level cabins (some, like Princess Mini-suites are the exception). Are balcony sizes the same throughout the ship in non-suite balcony rooms? Any other differences between the verandah cabins?

Thanks!

I can answer part of your question.

The balconies are not all the same size in the verandah cabins. (Non-suite).

Depending on the ship, there can be tiny ones and larger ones.

On the Westerdam there are a couple of cabins with huge balconies I believe.

Not sure of the exact cabin numbers but 4166 and 4168 ring a bell.

If you look at the deck plans you should be able to tell, I think.

On the deck plans of the Westerdam, it appears that the verandah cabins near the back of the ship have a 'shower only' designation. On the deck plans, it appears that all the verandah cabins are the same size. Do the 'shower only' cabins have larger bathrooms since there is no tub? Interesting to me that HAL has different layouts like this. I don't think I've seen this in other cruise lines. Most all have showers only until you get to suite level cabins (some, like Princess Mini-suites are the exception). Are balcony sizes the same throughout the ship in non-suite balcony rooms? Any other differences between the verandah cabins?

Thanks!

The bathroom layout is reversed. You have a much larger vanity/sink/'storage under the sink' area because it is in the bathtub's old space - the shower is in the former vanity area and is very generous in size. I've sailed mostly Vista class with showers only.

Thanks!

Yes the bathroom seems bigger and roomier since the vanity/sink/storage area is taking the place of the tub but I believe the actual square footage is the same.

Verandah sizes on the Vista class ships, of which the Westerdam is one, are as follows:

The Port and Starboard standard Veranda/Balcony are mostly the same size 6 ft. deep by 9 ft. wide. The aft/stern verandas are deeper and vary depending on deck. The exception to the 6 foot depth is that the Port and Starboard Veranda staterooms on Deck 4, Upper Promenade, are 7.5 ft. in depth while the Port Staterooms on Deck 5, Veranda, 5056 through 5138 and Starboard Staterooms 5053 through 5135 are only 4.5 ft. deep.

On the Westerdam Staterooms 4164 and 4166 have not only the 7.5 ft. in depth but are around 13 ft. in length.

Edited by regnig