The Liberty Sits In Galveston.

BallFour4

John Heald · 0:00 So many of you have been asking about the Liberty and I had originally been informed she was sailing today. But the technical problem has resulted in us canceling today's cruise

Every guest on the ship has. Even informed and of course our wonderful staff are making sure that they are all taken care of

I know lots of the people in the ship read this page and therefore I wanted to apologise myself for the disappointment you are all feeling

Here is part of the information guests have. Even given

"We will provide you with a full refund of your cruise and any pre purchased excursions and Fun Shop items. We’d love nothing more than the opportunity to provide you with the cruise experience you were expecting and will gladly apply a 100% credit of the amount paid for this cruise toward your next 2-5 day cruise on Carnival. Additionally, a check for $90 per person will be mailed to your home representing the onboard credit we had promised and reimbursement for your meals yesterday.

Guests who wish to disembark this morning and do not need any assistance with their luggage, may proceed to the gangway as early as 10AM. Shuttles to private parking facilities will commence at that time while transportation to the port parking lot will be available as of 11AM. Porter service will commence at 10am for those guests who need assistance with their luggage. If you have independent air arrangements and need assistance rescheduling your flights, please contact Guest Services. We will cover any change fees you may incur. A letter with additional information will be delivered to your stateroom this morning. In the meantime, thank you once again for your understanding. We look forward to welcoming you back onboard soon."

I will let you know asap about future Liberty cruises.

Thanks so much

from john h facebook

I'm glad that it at least sounds like they are planning to fully reimburse people for both the cruise and airfare change fees. Still, that has got to be a disappointment. Maybe they will take the few days that the ship is in port to actually fix the engine.

I'm glad that it at least sounds like they are planning to fully reimburse people for both the cruise and airfare change fees. Still, that has got to be a disappointment. Maybe they will take the few days that the ship is in port to actually fix the engine.

I have had some friends have to change flights and they are only covering the change fee and not the difference in fare

I have had some friends have to change flights and they are only covering the change fee and not the difference in fare

I'm sorry but they should cover ALL expenses in regards to airfare. If it were an act of nature and not a mechanical issue I could see it, but these people didn't ask for this cruise to be cancelled.

I'm sorry but they should cover ALL expenses in regards to airfare. If it were an act of nature and not a mechanical issue I could see it, but these people didn't ask for this cruise to be cancelled.

Last minute air fares aren't cheap. At this late time the only fares usually available are full fare. That can be a significant difference in price from what you pay for an advance purchase type fare.

I feel bad for those that had their cruises cancelled. I know they must be extremely disappointed.

On a positive note, you think we'll see any price drops due to this incident and the media thrashing which I'm sure is about to begin? Can't wait to see all the "Carnival has old, broke down ships" talk along with how many times the Triumph fiasco and maybe even the Splendor fire are brought up. Bad press can be good for prices. I say bring it on! I'm itching to get back on a ship!

Would travel insurance not cover this?

I always get insurance for cruises. But in this case I would expect Carnival to cover these types of fees incurred due to mechanical and/or maintenance issues on their ships. Travel insurance is like any insurance. Increased claims will mean increased rates for everyone.

Probably cheaper to grab a rental car and just enjoy the Houston area for a few nights or even head over to San Antonio. I know I would. If I'm on vacation, I'm definitely having a vacation, one way or another.

Essentially, everyone is getting a 200% refund; full refund of the price paid and a future cruise credit equal to 100% of the price paid. Isn't this fair compensation considering all the headaches everyone has to endure?

At what point would you call it even?