Pizza Pirate vs. Pizzeria del Capitano?

MisterOJ2

So, I've been on the Dream a couple times and really like the pizza they've had at the Pizza Pirate. The next time I'll be on, though, will be after the dry dock upgrades, so I assume this will become the new Pizzeria del Capitano.

Is the pizza different or is it mainly just the name that is different?

• 1 year later...

We like the Pizza Pirate more, we tasted a difference in the crust, maybe it was the batches of dough, but with our last 5 cruises, 2 with pizza pirate, and 3 with Pizza del Capitano, the difference for both of us has been same!

We're headed out on the Conquest for a B2B this weekend, we'll update if it changes!:D

Pizza Pirate for sure tastes better. Had it on the Sensation before dry dock and it was delicious. We just went on the Paradise in November and the pizza (Pizzeria del Capitano) was AWFUL.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Was the Paradise the old (thick) pizza?

I agree. At midnight when I needed a drunk snack I very much preferred the toasted Ruben from the deli on the fantasy

I really depends on the cruise, been on some where it was really bad(Legend and Fantasy), but on the Conquest and Magic it was great. When we were on the Legend the the Pizza was so badly buried the couple if times I got it, it really turned me off. It was so bad I didn't even want try it again on our last cruise on the Ecstasy. All were Pizza Pirate, have not tried the new version yet.