Black Friday/Cyber Monday?

deliver42

Oh wow! Do I check with Celebrity or with American Express? My cruise is in March 2017 & is my first time on Celebrity.

I check Celebrity for are reductions. I also check AMEX be they periodically have special offers that give cruise discounts for various cruise lines.

We just booked a cruise with this big box store. We normally book with an on line US TA however the cruise line that we booked had a special in CAD that greatly reduced the FX impact.

Our experience in dealing with them was top notch. We did not get as much OBC as we normally do from our US TA but that was not an issue since we saved just under $1000CAD on exchange etc.

Truth is we would not have booked if there had not been an FX conversion. We are doing all of our travelling/vacation purchases outside of the US because of the poor state of our currency.

I think that the bottom line is supply and demand. I suspect that the cruise lines, similar to airlines, have logarithms that serve to adjust fares based on demand. There have been a few times when we have kept our price the same but managed to score a much better cabin because of a change in how the cabin cats were grouped and priced.

Edited by iancal

Celebrity can call it what it may, it's the bottom line that counts, and how it is arrived at is of no importance to me.

Well stated! They want as much as the traffic will allow, I want the lowest fare with the most perks and OBC as I can get!