What COFFEE is being served up? Here's what we discovered...

girlcoguy

With us, the first thing & last drink we have each day is a cup of coffee. So knowing what kind of quality to expect, at no extra charge, is important to us. We were completely surprised & pleased to see this being poured into the coffee urns on "Liberty" this past trip. I was told that it replaced Seattle's Best. It's definitely strong, so get extra creamers if you don't like it black. An added note, the Illy coffee brand is still being used for the costly "specialty" drinks.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Forums mobile app

With us, the first thing & last drink we have each day is a cup of coffee. So knowing what kind of quality to expect, at no extra charge, is important to us. We were completely surprised & pleased to see this being poured into the coffee urns on "Liberty" this past trip. I was told that it replaced Seattle's Best. It's definitely strong, so get extra creamers if you don't like it black. An added note, the Illy coffee brand is still being used for the costly "specialty" drinks.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Forums mobile app

What was being poured into the urns? I think something is missing in your post.:confused:

Funny you should mention coffee. I normally drink only the coffee from the bean to cup espresso machine in the Diamond Lounge.

On Harmony in September I had breakfast one morning in Johnny Rockets. I specifically remember thinking that the complimentary coffee served there was a significant step up from what I had become accustomed to in the MDR in the past. I just assumed that Johnny Rockets had better coffee than elsewhere. But perhaps this was the Lavazza coffee in your photo. Thanks for posting.

tasty coffee in the Cafe'

That looks pretty yummy. I guess the natural morph for this topic might be travel mugs: What is your preferred mug of choice? Mine is a pretty basic travel mug that comfortably holds 16 ounces. (Plus, on our next Liberty cruise, we are in a Promenade View cabin, so popping down for refills will be a snap!)

The free coffee in the windjammer on Independence in September tasted like dirty dishwater and MDR coffee was only slightly better!

Thankfully I had the drinks package so I could get a decent cup at the cafe :)

Was also on Independence is September and thought the coffee in the MDR windjammer and the café promenade was just fine....K.O.:)

The free coffee in the windjammer on Independence in September tasted like dirty dishwater and MDR coffee was only slightly better!

FWIW if you ordered a cup of coffee at the cafe, they gave you an americano. That's espresso with a bunch of hot water in it. If you liked it that's awesome, but you weren't getting brewed coffee. Might not matter to you. Matters to me in terms of getting names/labels correct. Also, espresso generally has less caffeine in it, and to avoid my caffeine withdrawal headaches I have to be cognizant of that! :)

Had Lavazzo on celebrity and wasn't a fan. On celebrity, I usually have a drink package and just order double/triple espressos and drink those like coffee.

Someone mentioned k-cups? Are there brewers somewhere?

Can you describe what it tastes like, medium, dark roast, strong, weak, or can you compare it to starbucks, duncan donuts, etc Thanks

Can you describe what it tastes like, medium, dark roast, strong, weak, or can you compare it to starbucks, duncan donuts, etc Thanks

Lavazza is the biggest coffee brand in Italy. It couldn't be called a gourmet coffee, but it is light years better than any product Starbucks could ever dream of producing.

I most mostly drink their 'Rossa' (red label) brand, however I recently tried their 'Crema de Gusta' and it was outstanding coffee.

I appreciate all tastes are subjective, as is the water pressure on cruise ships which needs to be a high level to extract the best from the beans.

Tastes in coffee vary greatly, Europeans prefer coffee strong and robust, North Americans prefer a much milder weaker brew.

In answer to your question Lavazza Rossa is a rich medium/dark coffee with a rounded robust flavour.

Knowing RCI are serving Lavazza makes me very happy for my cruise next year, as I was considering bringing my own supplies with me.

Just my opinion.

Trying to figure out how and why you would know what dirty dishwater tastes like.:confused::rolleyes::eek:

We were on Liberty early October. Was not impressed with either WJ or MDR coffee, but really liked the coffee delivered to our room each morning. It was strong like we like it, plus I brought a flavored creamer with me (the concentrated kind in a small bottle, no refrigeration) and it was nice sitting out on the balcony sipping on a cup of coffee like what I would make at home.