Confused on bringing bottles of water on Allure at embarkation... can we?

CamaCama

Royal's FAQ section had this question answered but I'm kind of confused. It says no alcoholic or non-alcoholic beverages but doesn't mention water specifically. Are they strict on this for bottles of water?

Then in the last paragraph it says water bottles will be inspected for alcohol in them.. we'd just want to bring one for each of us per day so 14-15 bottles total in a duffle. Allowed or no?

And yes I know the water on board is fine, filtered, blah blah.. ;)

The rules say no, yet many many people report taking cases of water aboard with no problem. Even checking it as luggage. You may as well take it along if it's important to you, the worst that can happen is they confiscate a few dollars worth of water.

The rules say no, yet many many people report taking cases of water aboard with no problem. Even checking it as luggage. You may as well take it along if it's important to you, the worst that can happen is they confiscate a few dollars worth of water.

^^^ What bouhunter said. :) And to add to, we literally just did this on Allure embarkation day 10/23. My brother purchased a case of waters ~24 pack of 16oz waters from Total Wine nearby. It was in a white store bag, he tied a knot in the bag and while we were handing our luggage to the porters, we handed him the water last, with a $5 bill specific for the water (tip for our bags separately) and the case made it to my brother's cabin. On the other hand, my family of four had drink packages so there was no need for us. Finally worse case scenario, you spent $3 for a case and it doesn't make it. However if it does make it, you save ~$3 per bottle water consumed. If you don't have a drink package I say its worth the gamble.

Royal's FAQ section had this question answered but I'm kind of confused. It says no alcoholic or non-alcoholic beverages but doesn't mention water specifically. Are they strict on this for bottles of water?

Then in the last paragraph it says water bottles will be inspected for alcohol in them.. we'd just want to bring one for each of us per day so 14-15 bottles total in a duffle. Allowed or no?

We sailed on Allure 10-9. We had the cab stop at a nearby Walgreens...purchased a case of water and taped an extra pre-printed luggage tag to the top of the case...the water showed up to our room before our luggage!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You can bring bottled water on board.

^^^ What bouhunter said. :) And to add to, we literally just did this on Allure embarkation day 10/23. My brother purchased a case of waters ~24 pack of 16oz waters from Total Wine nearby. It was in a white store bag, he tied a knot in the bag and while we were handing our luggage to the porters, we handed him the water last, with a $5 bill specific for the water (tip for our bags separately) and the case made it to my brother's cabin. On the other hand, my family of four had drink packages so there was no need for us. Finally worse case scenario, you spent $3 for a case and it doesn't make it. However if it does make it, you save ~$3 per bottle water consumed. If you don't have a drink package I say its worth the gamble.

Too funny. Tip just for water? The person you paid $5.00 makes 80K plus a year, and all he did was put it on a trolley that will be loaded onto the ship by a fork lift driver. The 8 other people that handled your case of water will never see a dime of that tip......:D